Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

WRX MAF on my RX?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,902 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 28 February 2005 - 11:03 AM

I recently picked up an AEM cold air intake for my RX and it has a spot for the MAF sensor to bolt into a hole on it, not be part of the intake setup like the RX. So I was wondering, would I be able to use a WRX MAF sensor in my RX and just change the connection on the harness and adapt it into the stock RX harness? If someone is kinda confused, I can get a couple pics of the two parts I'm talking about...

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,639 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 28 February 2005 - 12:27 PM

I really doubt you'd be able to use a WRX MAF.

Different MAF sensors have different levels of flow and a corresponding transfer function/lookup table in the ECU. Because of this, swapping MAF's isn't really something you can do.

#3 oddcomp

oddcomp

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,763 posts
  • longview ,wa

Posted 28 February 2005 - 01:16 PM

perhaps if you had the tiem to make some kind of signal interface box to convert the maf output
but that would require being able to find some kinda spec sheet for both maf's to figure out how much voltage is produced at x amount of airflow

#4 garner

garner

Brat Master Flash

• Members
  • 689 posts
  • Vilas, NC

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:37 PM

perhaps if you had the tiem to make some kind of signal interface box to convert the maf output
but that would require being able to find some kinda spec sheet for both maf's to figure out how much voltage is produced at x amount of airflow

Or skip the whole deal and go MEGASQUIRT

(sorry, just had to bring it back up....)

I really doubt a wrx maf will work with the stock ecu....

#5 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,902 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 28 February 2005 - 10:25 PM

well I am planning on going with MS and EDIS but the short demand of money I do have right now is kinda slim, even though I'm buying performance parts out the wazoo. The MS and EDIS will come sonner then later but will be one of the last things I get since I am Mr. 'Computer Illiterate'....

#6 JWX

JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:07 AM

ummm dude with the MS&edis you don't use a MAF

#7 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,902 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:01 AM

I know this already but I don't have the know-how for the MS&EDIS setup which is why I'm going to see if someone like oddcomp will help me build one for my car.

#8 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 09 March 2005 - 08:25 PM

your signature makes it look like you actualy did all that to your rx... might wanna fix that

#9 oddcomp

oddcomp

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,763 posts
  • longview ,wa

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:38 PM

woomp here i am ... or something

#10 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members