Ultimate Subaru Message Board

R.I.P Subaru

It's a sad day in subie land for me. We've had a snowy day here and I had to go out to the post office, on my way back about 4 blocks from my house a big tree fell right in front of me, it tried to miss it but I slid off the left side of the road and hit a telephone pole head on. I managed to get it pushed out and drove it home, but it wouldn't go any faster than about 15mph. It had no oil pressure at all. It was a pretty solid hit, bent the steering wheel even. So I'm sitting here, knuckles bloody from hitting the dash board, no car, no job, no life.

Pretty sure the car is totaled. Man does this suck.

sorry to hear about your soob loss, but glad to hear you made it out ok, like northguy said board members cant be replaced, cars can,

and i have been at that same point before with pretty much nothing but a place to live and that was just barely, just remember this things will always turn around for you sometimes it just takes longer than you would like!

if you pushed it out and drove it away after practically totalling it, your insurance company probably won't give you money, and you might even be looking at tickets if the police find you

I don't think I should. I didn't damage anything other than my car and as for my insurance company.... well they wouldn't pay after my last subaru was hit by a drunk driver, so I'm not even going to file a claim on this.

The car is pretty hurt, but if I can figure why it lost oil pressure and fix that, with a little welding and a home made bumper, maybe I can make it road worthy again.

Thanks for all the support guys, I was really freanking out there for a while. I'll try and get some pics of it this week.

well if you didnt have insurance at least no one saw or knows about it. if you dont owe on the car you shouldnt have to claim. anyway, if the tree fell on the car you could probably claim "act of god" on the insurance. but if theres no police report that may be hard to do

check the oil pressure sending wire, check anyhting that may have come loose from impact. are the suspensions bent?

well if you didnt have insurance at least no one saw or knows about it. if you dont owe on the car you shouldnt have to claim. anyway, if the tree fell on the car you could probably claim "act of god" on the insurance. but if theres no police report that may be hard to do

check the oil pressure sending wire, check anyhting that may have come loose from impact. are the suspensions bent?

I'll check that wire first thing. None of the suspension is bent, but it needed(s) axels anyway. I guess the good thing is that I only have $450 + $160 cd player in the whole car, though if I can't get it going, I will miss that cold A/C this summer. I was gonna drive this thing 8hrs to the beach this year.

goldigga, i may be able to help with things, i am in charlottesville, where are you, i have a complete shop and i have rebuilt a ton o wrecked subarus, including my rx wagon that i wrecked monday, thats going to need a new front frame but its going to get it, never give up on the subaru and it will never give up on you...........

Well I just took some pictures and noticed that the shifter won't go into first. So maybe it is as bad as I thought.

Thanks for the offer scrapdaddy, I may take you up on it. I'm in Roanoke. I'm not sure if I really want to dump much money in the car simply for the fact that it's an automatic. If the engine and trans are moved or hurt, it's parts car time. Anyone got a EA81 5-speed wagon for sale?

Well I just took some pictures and noticed that the shifter won't go into first. So maybe it is as bad as I thought.

Thanks for the offer scrapdaddy, I may take you up on it. I'm in Roanoke. I'm not sure if I really want to dump much money in the car simply for the fact that it's an automatic. If the engine and trans are moved or hurt, it's parts car time. Anyone got a EA81 5-speed wagon for sale?

Where are you planning on going to the beach?

Where are you planning on going to the beach?

Hatteras Island, N.C.

I went last year with my aunt/uncle/cousin, kinda my adopted family, but I had to drive a Ford Focus and it practally killed me not having a Subie to drive out onto the sand. I cna go out there at night and spend hours peering at the stars and watching storms move across the atlantic.

It actually takes somewhere arond 6 hours to get there if traffic goes great, but it's closer to 8 if it's normal.

let me do some looking, i had a wagon in my sights and then puff, ill ask those people what happened to it, maybe its around to be had, i dont know what it had for a driveline, but it was in good exterior shape