Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6" Lift From Down Under (offer an opinion)

Decker_Forester

go to this site and some one please tell me why the larger lifts are offraod use only

http://www.funonwheels.net/hirisesubaru/pages/pricelist.htm

Thanks everyone, Ben

in the states it depends state to state. i'm in PA and the laws about offroad equiptment and race mods are very strict due to the State Inspection and Emmisions regulations.

I know that body lifts, altogether, are illegal. Also, offroad lights have to be covered at all times while on the road, and any fog lights (auxilary lights) have to shut off when the high beams are on.

so, it depends state to state.....like i said already.....

i'm in PA and the laws about offroad equiptment and race mods are very strict due to the State Inspection and Emmisions regulations.

I know that body lifts, altogether, are illegal.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In PA you can have a "body" lift. It cannot be anymore than 4". Also I know this because..... I have a PA state inspection license.

Also aux. lights are not illegal and do not have to be covered up at all times UNLESS they are on a "roll bar" or a high mounted "light bar"

As for Pa's underware being too tight....HA!!!! were beyond that....were well into a wedgie now.. :grin:

Matt

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In PA you can have a "body" lift. It cannot be anymore than 4". Also I know this because..... I have a PA state inspection license.

Matt

Lighting Laws

You may be right about the 4" body lift, but i think it's streching the meaning of the words, "175.80.5(vi) The difference in the body floor and the top of the frame rail exceeds 4 inches."

go to this site and some one please tell me why the larger lifts are offraod use only

Thanks everyone, Ben

I heard back from them about a quote for a 6" kit for a 1985 Subaur Brat delivered to Dallas, Texas:

Thanks for your enquiry...

The 6" kit is available for your vehicle now.

The kit is $570.00AUD

There is 2 options for postage and they go like this.

Economy air-Delivery within 2 to 4 weeks - depending on destination-$359.00AUD

Priority air -Delivery within 3 to 10 business days, depending on destination-$427AUD

With the 6" kit being a bigger mod they are built quite a bit more heavy duty...hence the weight and postage costs.

So totals go like this...$929AUD which today converts to $736USD for "economy air"

$997AUD which today converts to $790USD for "priority air"

Payment for your kit confirms your order and the most common and convenient way to pay for it internationally is via paypal. When your ready to order your kit I will send you a Paypal money request via email.

Thanks,

Dave

Hirise subaru

I wrote to find out about the 6" monster lifts at this site:

and they sent me a quote for a 1985 Subaru Brat kit shipped to Dallas, Texas:

Thanks for your enquiry...

The 6" kit is available for your vehicle now.

The kit is $570.00AUD

There is 2 options for postage and they go like this.

Economy air-Delivery within 2 to 4 weeks - depending on destination-$359.00AUD

Priority air -Delivery within 3 to 10 business days, depending on destination-$427AUD

With the 6" kit being a bigger mod they are built quite a bit more heavy duty...hence the weight and postage costs.

So totals go like this...$929AUD which today converts to $736USD for "economy air"

$997AUD which today converts to $790USD for "priority air"

Payment for your kit confirms your order and the most common and convenient way to pay for it internationally is via paypal. When your ready to order your kit I will send you a Paypal money request via email.

Thanks,

Dave

Hirise subaru

I know some people will think that is steep, but it is a six inch kit. I am seriously thinking about buying one (the mortgage can wait). Does anyone have experience with this product they want to share?

Questions To ask are.....

Does the Kit come with everything.....

Steering Linkage,Shift Linkage, All Blocks....among other things....???

If you want to build a Monster Ride, Go 2-4 More inches and Stuff a T-case in there....

I can Set you up with most of the hardware to make that happen.....The Rest you can find or source at your end.....Cheaper than you'll pay For the Aussie Stuff....

If you want more info pm me.....

Good Luck, John

we fail them all time. no one's said a thing.

If you can get away with it go for it....I wouldn't fail you for it if I knew I could get away with it... I personally would just stick with the old "I didn't know officer...I just put it on and didn't know any better"

Just because I have a PSI license doesn't mean I am a car nazi. ;)

As for the rest of the post....that is a lot of money for a lift kit. Did you talk to John (mudrat) and see if he can hook you up?

Matt

6 inch seems kinda useless, because of what mudrat says... build a moster rig with a tcase.

with a 4 inch you can fit 28s-29s, and still have the power to turn the tires. but if you go bigger, like what youd mostlikely do with a 6 inch, youd be driving around in low range just to get moving.

i always thought either go 4 inch, or realy realy big =]

Hi

The 6" kits comes with all body lift blocks, strut tops, full set of high

tensile bolts, all required washers ect, steering extension. As for brake

lines, no they are not included. For our 3 MY 6" vehicles on the web site

(the 2 brumbys and the wagon) we just released the brake line and they were

fine..

Thanks for your enquiry

Dave

Hirise subaru

Seems like an all inclusive kit. Any other questions about it?

I think a 6" kit would be allrigh as mentioned tho larger than 30" tires screw gearing pretty bad. I have close to 6" of lift[ 4 inch lift kit with 2" of rubber spacers in the strut and shock springs] while I've not had issues with clearance yet more would be better. I measured a total gain of 5.125" lift in the front and 5.5" in the back, and I think the car would look good with even more clearance between the fender and the tires. I have no desire for larger tires or a tcase, with the bit of suspension lift I have clearance is awesome and 29's are plenty big wnough for me.

I am presently developing a 6" lift for the loyale wagon the kit will consist of cast aluminum spacer lift blocks and some steel fabricted parts , I plan to launch the kit by end of May 2005, I plan on taking the Wagon to the Subaru meet in Mid July and will bring a kit with me for sale , I will also offer a front engine crossmember which will add diagonal bracing up front and be for a lift with the Transfer case conversion.After the wagon lift details our worked out I plan to work on a simnilar lift for the older cars. SJR