Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Subaru Wave?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 JT95

JT95

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 539 posts
  • Bowling Green

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:09 PM

Okay, the Corvette guys have had a special Corvette wave for years when they pass each other. Some PT Cruiser owners were actually trying to get theirs going. Is there a Subaru Wave for when we pass each other on the road? (Or off the road for that fact....) :)

While I realize 99% of Corvette drivers are "enthusiasts" and a lot of Sube drivers are simply driving their transportation, I have been surprised as a new Sube owner to discover all the I'm-Crazy-For-Subaru people out there/here. When I pass another Legacy or Outback wagon I sometimes pop a smooth wave to my fellow Subie brethern, which is almost always ignored or returned with a who-the-hell-are-you type glance.

#2 sasquatch

sasquatch

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Vancouver

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:22 PM

Here in the NW I'd never stop waving...

#3 later, Peter

later, Peter

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Pacific North West

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:24 PM

Okay, the Corvette guys have had a special Corvette wave for years when they pass each other. Some PT Cruiser owners were actually trying to get theirs going. Is there a Subaru Wave for when we pass each other on the road? (Or off the road for that fact....) :)

While I realize 99% of Corvette drivers are "enthusiasts" and a lot of Sube drivers are simply driving their transportation, I have been surprised as a new Sube owner to discover all the I'm-Crazy-For-Subaru people out there/here. When I pass another Legacy or Outback wagon I sometimes pop a smooth wave to my fellow Subie brethern, which is almost always ignored or returned with a who-the-hell-are-you type glance.

As they say here in Central Oregon:
Only outsiders don't wave.
Later,
Peter

#4 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 05 March 2005 - 04:41 AM

been there/tried giving horn a toot and a wave.just seems that whewn subie owners are driving they just pay attention to the road.maybe next time at a stop light or stop sign. :banana:

http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=31239

#5 jamal

jamal

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 05 March 2005 - 05:17 AM

I usually try to wave at other subarus. Especially BC/BFs

#6 CIS Subaru

CIS Subaru

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 1,992 posts
  • Columbus, OH

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:22 AM

I usually try to wave at other subarus. Especially BC/BFs

When I'm driving one of my EA81 cars and I see another on the road, I give a wave. Since this is a VERY rare occurrence in Ohio (I sometimes think I must own 1/2 of all the EA81 cars in my county), the other drivers usually wave back with an understanding smile.

#7 rweddy

rweddy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Castle Rock, CO

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:00 AM

Here in Colorado you would wreck because you would have to wave all the time and not be able to steer!

#8 mattocs

mattocs

Subaru Legacy Lover

• Members
  • 1,312 posts
  • Pittsburgh

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:35 AM

Some guy who passed me on the highway with the same exact car as I had waved at me. I saw him coming and was going to wave at him anyways.

#9 Tiny Clark

Tiny Clark

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • Germany

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:46 AM

How about a 4-finger salute for AWD? And no, not one at a time!!!!!

#10 forester2002s

forester2002s

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Vancouver Canada

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:46 PM

How about keeping an old Head-Gasket in the door-pocket, and waving this at other Subies?

#11 mattocs

mattocs

Subaru Legacy Lover

• Members
  • 1,312 posts
  • Pittsburgh

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:56 PM

How about keeping an old Head-Gasket in the door-pocket, and waving this at other Subies?

Heh...

What about us EJ22 folks? I don't think you can wave bulletproof reliability Posted Image

#12 Ranger83

Ranger83

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 740 posts
  • Northeast

Posted 05 March 2005 - 05:36 PM

Another example of why this is the most negative Subaru "enthusiast" site on the www.

#13 rweddy

rweddy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Castle Rock, CO

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:02 PM

Another example of why this is the most negative Subaru "enthusiast" site on the www.

But are there any better sites?
I agree there is a lot of neg on this site but this is true of most car sites.

#14 forester2002s

forester2002s

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Vancouver Canada

Posted 06 March 2005 - 02:05 AM

Alright, I take back my suggestion about using an old Head-Gasket to wave with.

I have just read on CNN that Consumer reports have given top marks to Subaru in 2 categories:

- Best 'Fun to Drive' car: Subaru Impreza WRX/STi;
- Best 'Small SUV': Subaru Forester.

So I suggest that we keep a copy of Consumer Reports in the door-pocket, and wave that at other Subies (and at other cars!)

#15 treeman

treeman

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Houston

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:18 AM

I like the head-gasket idea. Here in Houston, there's more Hummers than Subies. I always wave to other OBWs, but have recieved a few 1 finger salutes in return.

Bradford

Alright, I take back my suggestion about using an old Head-Gasket to wave with.

I have just read on CNN that Consumer reports have given top marks to Subaru in 2 categories:

- Best 'Fun to Drive' car: Subaru Impreza WRX/STi;
- Best 'Small SUV': Subaru Forester.

So I suggest that we keep a copy of Consumer Reports in the door-pocket, and wave that at other Subies (and at other cars!)

#16 Commuter

Commuter

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,857 posts
  • Niagara area, Ont Canada

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:29 AM

:lol:

The sad part is, I "have" that gasket!

Commuter

#17 kevinsUBARU

kevinsUBARU

hi

• Members
  • 2,964 posts
  • Ulster County

Posted 06 March 2005 - 10:17 AM

"The Shocker"

0 user(s) are reading this topic