Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
More underbody noise weirdness
Posted 28 August 2003 - 03:04 PM
Conditions I've heard it include:
- After backing out of parking space at work, right when I put it in drive and start to move forward (cold engine)
- Driving out of my driveway onto the street (cold engine)
- Driving straight taking off at traffic light
- Turning wheel (left and right) with car in motion (cold engine)
- I don't recall hearing it ever with a hot engine
- I can't tell if it's coming from the front or middle of the car
I crawled around under the car looking for something loose, rattling, scraping, rubbing, but found nothing. No signs of anything amiss.
Doesn't happen at all when driving down the road at any speed above 10 mph.
Posted 28 August 2003 - 03:29 PM
Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:37 AM
Only exception is I'm pretty sure its not a heat shield. Only heat shields on my car are on my turbocharger, and for the exhaust manifold(headers).
I think its something related to the transmission. Appears to be coming close to the front drivers side wheel well..
Things that have crossed my mind but I'm not sold on them:
power steering fluid/pump
rubbing on the rotor/brakes
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users