Ultimate Subaru Message Board

cheap 4 inch longer rear ea81 shocks

archemitis

so the roomers(how do you spell that?) are true. chevelle shocks fit on the rear of a lifted ea81, with very minor modifications.

had to drill the top holes out to the 12 mm subaru size, then i slid the metal sleeve from the original shock into the new shock bottom. and bling! they compress 2 inches smaller, and are 4 inches longer at full extension. i forget the travel, but its about 4-5 inches more than the stock shocks.

had to paint them to show off the chevy heritage! =]

oh ya, 15 dollar monroe gas charged, they come in white.

post-193-136027599521_thumb.jpg

Another one would be on ford explorers and ford full size pickups in the early 90's.. with those you can use the eyelets that come with the shocks, just throw in a couple washers (same diameter, only not as long) I got the air height adjustable ones on mine. 10 inches of travel baby! Top end of the shock is the same story, drilling out the holes, etc..

kurt the number is from checker

22-0802-0

do you have one of those books with shocks in it? they usualy have a page that tells all the specs for all of the stock shocks. thats how i decided to order these. its from like a 75 chevell, the big ones =] not what they turned into in the 80s

• Like 1