Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SR best way to drive it?

Change your gear lube first - your synchros are messed up - if your clutch is in and properly adjusted, there is no connection between your tranny and flywheel - actually your flywheel has little to do with your shifts

I usually shift mine at about 3-4k rpms, the SR and DR trannies are the same save the input shaft - (looked at FSM)

Change your gear lube first - your synchros are messed up - if your clutch is in and properly adjusted, there is no connection between your tranny and flywheel - actually your flywheel has little to do with your shifts

I usually shift mine at about 3-4k rpms, the SR and DR trannies are the same save the input shaft - (looked at FSM)

it doesnt grind I just want to rev match and it takes 2-3 seconds for the revs to come down from 4k rpm.

are you using the clutch? if so then it sounds like you should drop a quart of ATF in there for a hundred miles or so and then refill with some part or fully synthetic gear oil.....75w-90 works good, maybe throw in a quart of SAE 30 wt. in place of one quart of gear oil, that will help your cold shifts. besides that, shift at about 3-4k in a 4 cyl. unless you really feel like givin' her hell.

~Josh~