Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm looking for a little advice on a wheel bearing issue. I purchased 2001 Subaru Forester last year with 16,000 miles. Since it was warrantied for 36,000 miles my dealer has replaced the bearings the first 3 times. It now has 60,000 miles and it is in the shop again. The last set of wheel bearings are still in warranty so they will fix. The last time they were replaced the Subaru rep told us that the dealer was replacing with the old wheel bearing design and assured us that the problem would be resolved with the new wheel bearing. Has anyone else had this problem or could you tell me why this is happening? I can't seem to get a straight answer from Subaru America. Is it time for a trade-in?

What is going on with Subaru??? It seems like since GM has taken over everything is falling to pieces. I have had a number of duff new OE parts.

NEW head gaskets that were soaked in the morning.

I am on my THIRD center exhaust pipe, the others have rattled themselves to pieces.

AND, I am still fighting the dealer over cold clutch judder on my new clutch.

:madder:

Here's the update....The dealer just called to tell me that the problem was not my wheel bearings this time but that my rear tires are cupping on the inside and causing the noise. They also told me my left strut was worn. That will cost me 130.00 just for the part which will have to be ordered. I love the way this car handles and the gas mileage is great but it is turning out to be a costly problem for us. We have 2 other vehicles which are Fords. Both have never had a problem. The 1994 Explorer has over 180,000 miles and the 1996 Ford F150 has 150,000.

"What is going on with Subaru??? It seems like since GM has taken over everything is falling to pieces. I have had a number of duff new OE parts."

SETRIGHT, Me thinks you answered your own question! Since GM has taken over Isuzu, the same thing happened!

Well that REALLY sucks, I guess next time I buy a car I will be turning my back on Subaru :-(

Applegump: I am nearing 300,000 km and my right rear bearing is starting to make noises like it might need replacing soon. SO, you should have a good 40K miles before you need to worry.