Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any wheels I can just bolt-on my '85 brat to get better tire selection?

FlyB0y

I'm just wondering if there are any bolt-on wheels that will give me the ability to use more aggressive tread tires, or do I have to add a lift to even goto 14"? And if I can goto 14" with-out a lift, how about 15"?

I guess I am just leary or up-setting the design made by subaru ... I have been very impressed with the stability of the stock design, and I wouldn't want to raise the center of gravity any more than I need to. :burnout:

I think the biggest you could go to is a 25 or 26" tire without much trimming of the body. You might still have to trim a little, but not as much. something along a 205/50 or close would fit. Just search around here, there's been a few topics like this before.:)

the alloy pugs which use the 2-piece lugnuts are thicker, as are the lugnuts, leaving less of the stud for the lug to grab. i think chef tim put in longer lugs, and i was also considering that when i ran pugs on my wagon. you might think about that if you get some alloys. i know i had a few pug lugs strip out because the limited contact area didn't like the torque required to hold the wheel on, and those lugs are inconvenient to find in a hurry...