Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Guest lothar34

I was wondering that too. Mine's due in Feb.

I think on yours they'd just pop in the FWD fuse. I don't know what they'd do for mine though. Most places I've seen only have one drum in the ground.

I know that in Pennsylvania there is an exemption for AWD vehicles with a setup like Subies. Delaware doesn't use a dyno type setup. Besides without the AWD engaged wouldn't your emissions reading be different than normal anyhow?

I would think any state wouldn't check them on a dyno...imagine the tech who forgets about a FWD fuse and tries running and AWD on a single drum setup!

:banghead:

AWD vehicles are pretty much exempt from dyno runs in all the states I know of.

All the new OBD2 cars don't need dyno runs, they just plug the computer in, and check from there.

Carl, you won't need a dyno run, guys down here in Houston with the WRX's just have the OBD2 scanned.

Originally posted by Legacy777

All the new OBD2 cars don't need dyno runs, they just plug the computer in, and check from there.

Carl, you won't need a dyno run, guys down here in Houston with the WRX's just have the OBD2 scanned.

well AWD is not exempt here :)

they have AWD dyno's... and...

OBD2 = easy emissions test.

they plug right into your computer....

thus... no way to "hide" your mods....

it's going to come up if you have modified the car...

good luck all

Jamie

Do all the emission stations have AWD dynos now?

Should've figured WA would do this ;)

What do you mean by

thus... no way to "hide" your mods....

it's going to come up if you have modified the car...

What type of mods....computer isn't really going to know, only if you have taken the cat out, or have a MIL

Guest lothar34
Originally posted by Legacy777

I didn't know that. The only car I've had tested since they started that BS was my old Volvo. The people at CarMax had the Forester inspected before they gave it to me.

I don't know about just reading the ECU. I haven't heard of that. That has not been the case for my 97 OB. And the ECU can't really tell you if you are producing pollutants, can it?

In Ontario, they don't put the car on a dyno (since most are 2 wheel). I don't even know if any of these emissions places have 4 wheel dynos.

The test for my car consists of a standing still idle test and another test at ~ 2500 rpm. I've been told that these "no load" tests are easier to pass then the dyno tests. This is what is spec'd out by the regulations to my understanding.

Commuter