Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA82 Spring lift questions.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tin Soldier

Tin Soldier

Wannabe awesome guy.

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Franklin, PA

Posted 06 March 2005 - 02:23 PM

Just a quick question on longer springs for an EA82. I have honda accord springs in the rear and that gained me two inches in height, and they are stiffer so it's a lil bit ruffer of a ride but I can haul all kindas of stuff in it. :)

My question is about front springs. Has anyone ever front longer front springs for an EA82? just like one or two inches?

I was hoping for something that was an easy bolt on or swap out.

#2 Roobaflu

Roobaflu

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Hicksville

Posted 06 March 2005 - 03:13 PM

I know I'm just learning all this stuff, but isnt using longer springs hell on CV joints?

#3 Tin Soldier

Tin Soldier

Wannabe awesome guy.

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Franklin, PA

Posted 06 March 2005 - 03:31 PM

I know I'm just learning all this stuff, but isnt using longer springs hell on CV joints?

I had heard this, so I asked the previous owner who is the one who actually changed the rear springs and he claimed he not had any cv problems. What is normal life on CV's and I have so far had no problems with anything.

Anyone else had any experience with tthis?

#4 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 06 March 2005 - 09:53 PM

I'm putting RX springs in the front of mine. I dunno if they're actually taller, but they are stiffer, which should result in less sag.

#5 85Sub4WD

85Sub4WD

EA82 Junkie

• Members
  • 1,244 posts
  • Raleigh NC/Charlotte NC

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:21 PM

What is normal life on CV's

all but the passenger side front axle are orig. on my car - but it has been a city driver most of its life
I see it as potientially causing probs, but I don't know for sure

#6 ballitch

ballitch

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Salem, OR

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:12 AM

the spring lift will cause more wear and tear on your CV's for sure, a normal CV will last say 60k miles, the raised angle CV will last 40k miles. not actual figures but you get the point, many have posted on this subject, yea it works, but you'll just be going threw CV's faster is all.

~Josh~

#7 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:22 AM

axles are a dime a dozen at junkyards... burn em up

#8 Tin Soldier

Tin Soldier

Wannabe awesome guy.

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Franklin, PA

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:25 PM

axles are a dime a dozen at junkyards... burn em up

Thats kinda what I thought too. :)

I have never had a sube live long enuff to worry about that. I usually bang em up or blow em up.

I am going to take care of this one tho. I don't mind replacing the axles once in a while. But this still doesn't tell if there is longer spring available. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users