Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Wierd CEL action on EA82T

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 06 March 2005 - 09:33 PM

I drove my RX from Sacramento to Reno this morning and i noticed my CEL was on. It only came on at high altitude through the pass, and as soon as I let my foot of the gas it would go out. I started paying attention to the activity and i noticed the CEL would come on if I was boosting for a prolonged amount of time. Usually long uphill stretches, and as soon as I let off the gas (had to get off the gas, not just get off boost) the CEL would go out.

I havent checked for any codes, but ive also noticed the car hesitates if I try to cruise and keep intake pressure at 0psi the car hesitates alot. It only runs smooth when its under boost.

-Brian

#2 Subarutex

Subarutex

Oldschool Show Queen

• 2,533 posts
  • Mountlake Terrace

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:19 AM

I've had this happen to me too. CEL's on long uphill boostings. I would think the car is telling you its knocking. But I dunno..

#3 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 07 March 2005 - 01:51 PM

I dunno either, the stereo was too loud to hear any knocking. I did turn it down to listen for engine noise, but i couldnt hear anything. I was also traveling at 80+ and my exhaust is pretty loud at that stage.

I guess I'll check for codes and try to track it down. Im thinking my TPS might need some adjusting.

-Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users