Ultimate Subaru Message Board

TRW Torque Wrench

I have a TRW 1/2 inch click Torque wrench that sheared off while attempting to remove a Subaru axle nut (over 200 ft lbs!)

Does someone know of a ratchet head repair kit that fits this old brand? I hate to toss old tools...especially when they cost as much as a new axle!!

--pf

repairing it will most likley cost more than its worth. ifyou have been using it to remove stuff hard enough to break the head you have probaly ruined the calibration too. they are not designed to remove stuff. thats what breaker bars are for. many times it takes far more torque to remove somthing than it did to install.

I have a TRW 1/2 inch click Torque wrench that sheared off while attempting to remove a Subaru axle nut (over 200 ft lbs!)

Does someone know of a ratchet head repair kit that fits this old brand? I hate to toss old tools...especially when they cost as much as a new axle!!

--pf

how many feet of pipe did you have hanging off the end of it?...seriously though don't mess around trying to fix it,save your lunch money and get a replacement (and a breaker bar!!!)