Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

custom bodywork?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dragonwingsubaru

dragonwingsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • englewood

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:17 PM

anybody done any trick bodywork to their ea82, mainly looking at wagon mods but any mody done to any of that body style, im looking for stuff other than bolt-on stuff like ground effects.
i have actually been toying with the idea of doing a split hood for my wagon. what i mean by that is split in the middle and flip to each side. i have an extra hood in good rust free shape that im thinking about trying this out on. i have even thought of a setup for the latching mechanism since i have all the latching stuff from my parts car. so whats the custom body mods people have done so far if any???

#2 girven

girven

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • sugar run

Posted 07 March 2005 - 04:03 PM

going around a blind corner and having a guy parked in the middle of the icy road has done some really fantastic body work to the fender, door, and quarterpanel of my 89 3dr cp. A new fender from the scrap yard and a door on it''s way from Craven in Michigan and I'll be ready to rock.

#3 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 07 March 2005 - 04:41 PM

other than "bolt on" stuff, i removed the subaru gl plate of my rear hatch and filled it smooth

#4 dragonwingsubaru

dragonwingsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • englewood

Posted 07 March 2005 - 05:16 PM

lol girvin

subaru styles i can appreciate what you have done to your wagon. its just not the route i usually go with stuff. i guess ive never been into any body kits lol. i was gonna shave off my emblems and prob my rear doorlock for the start, but ive always been inot a little more wild body mods on my vehicles but i like stuff that looks realatively stock if the car is just sitting there. basically the sleeper look for the most part

#5 girven

girven

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • sugar run

Posted 07 March 2005 - 06:31 PM

sorry man, it was just there hanging and I had to jump at it. wish I could help you out.

dennis

#6 dragonwingsubaru

dragonwingsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • englewood

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:24 PM

lol dennis its all good

in case you guys have been wondering why i am even thinking of stuff like this is this is the first time in a long time i have had a car in mint condition that i didnt have to fix a monster amount of stuff to get it perfect. it is the perfect custom candidate. and for me i always like to customize something different, im tired of seeing the same old cars all the time. our ea82's may not be the most styling cars, especially the wagon but i think it can at least be trick. looks like when i have the time to do this project i may need to do a step by step pic progress of it.

#7 dragonwingsubaru

dragonwingsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • englewood

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:27 PM

oh btw if anyone cares past projects have been a walkthrough conversion on an 80 toyota 4x4 pickup and a convertable astrovan, the truck was finished but i never got around to finishing the astro project(money probs)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users