Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my soob waves bye to a volkswagon lol

Guest Meeky Moose

Guest Meeky Moose

was drivin home from the taco bell, and some guy in a 80's 4 door golf pulls up next to me at the light, look sat me and rev's his car a bit.. i let him think he had a cool car even tho it was blue, with darker blue fenders, primer spots everywhere, and lowered with stock rims, and a nice chrome 3' outlet muffler.. (muffler was prolly worth more than the car)

anyways, light turned green, i dumped the clutch at about 3.5k, soon as i did that he watched the front of my soob leave his vw with his mouth open.. so after leaving him behind at the light, he pulls up next to me goin about 60mph, looks at me and yells, wanna race to 100? (what kind of moron is he?)

anyways, i nodded, dumped it into 3rd, and by the time i hit 100 he was about 4 car legnths behind me :rollin: .

so i slowed down, let him catch up, he pulled up next to me, flipped me off, and sped off down the road. (or maybe he crawled off down the road) :lol:

i'll bet he was happy none of his buddy's were there to watch him get spanked by a wagon, haha.:rollin:

that was my fun for the weekend. hehe :lol:

Guest Hondasucks

Sounds like the idiot in the Neon that I wasted in my wagon, adn the idiot in the beat to poop 80's Accord with 17" wheels and a fart muffler, first time I smoked him, second time I beat him by an even bigger amount, since he was busy trying to figure out why my car says "4WD TURBO" on the side :lol:

Guest GeneralDisorder

I took down a couple guys with in a honda the other day - they had NOS, and I was in my Volvo. Man that had to hurt. They were cool about it tho, and we chatted at the next light. They couldn't beleive the volvo had 285 HP. hehe. Sorry, not a Soob storie, but I didn't want to be left out of the thread, and I'm afraid my 84's aren't gonna beat anyone off the line :rolleyes:

GD

Guest WagonsOnly

GD: Yes, they would, my first car was an '83 Rabbit. It felt peppy, but that was because 20 miles an hour felt like 80 in a Soob. (It'd probably dust my 360, too...) It sure is nice to see some of these "sport compact" people getting dusted by station wagons, though. Maybe it'll teach them that practicality and safety and economy and fun go hand in hand if you get the right car.

Guest jcdenton

My mom and I happened to pull up beside each other at the same intersection, Mom in her 98 2.5 RS, and Me in my 84 Brat GL.

I revved my engine, mom revved hers, and when the light turned green I roared out at top speed,

and mom blasted past me without even trying.

The moral of this story, if you want a fast Subaru, go with a new(er) one.

Guest GeneralDisorder

Hehe - IPD chip, and 2.5" dual exhaust. I haven't actually benched it, but that's about where it's supposed to be according to the chip programmers..... I installed the chip (really easy), and I had the exhaust done by a friend. I'm more at home under the hood of a soob personally. Now if I could just get the Volvo's AC to work in this heat - damn evap anyway.

GD

Guest Caboobaroo

The guy Andrew raced who was driving the Honda Accord was an idiot. I love the look on his face when he saw the "4WD TURBO" stickers on the side of it, especially when I pointed at them and yell "TURBO':lol:

Guest thesubarukid

the other day, three friends and i were coming home from goin swimming in my 87 turbowagon. I was in the slow lane, just cruising at about 50mph (5 over the limit), when this guy in some import starts riding my butt. He jumps to the outside lane and tries to go for the pass, I casually get on the gas, and continue with the conversation in the car:lol: . we were going about 80-90 when i had to slow down for the turn... but he was still about 5 car lengths behind, trying to catch up. As we went around the corner, I waved to him, and had a good chuckle when he flipped me off:rollin:

It's great to know that my car has the power to kill all those imports w/ the loud mufflers and big wheels. You'd swear that the people/kids who drive them think that just b/c their car has exhaust work and big wheels, its fast.:lol:

My Rue gives them a nice reality check:eek:

Guest Caboobaroo

Its great when the ricers see my beat up v6 Camaro that I take in the mud. They see the eingine and ask me where the v8 is. I tell them its at home in my other Camaro. Then they ask if I wanna race cause they think they'll beat me no problem. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA:evil: I don't think so. I've raced a Neon in my Camaro and I waved at him rioght before the tires hooked up and I was goooooooooooone. It took him about 5 seconds to catch up after I let off the gas and started to slow back down. Needless to say that he got pulled over right as I got back to the speed limit:rollin:

Guest Meeky Moose

speaking of volvo's isn't there a new wagon they are comin out with that has a V8? supposed to be like 0-60 in 6 sec? dunno but i saw an add somewhere about it.. grocery getter on steroids lol..

when i still had the ole XT6 2 guys in a little gti rabit thoguht it was fast. same light too lol.. (too many VW's here) was me, wife, and 2 friends in the XT6. they looked at me and laughed sittin there at the light.. when that light turned green, he took me by half a rabbit length until i got some rpm's (automatic) then i blew by him like he wasn't even there.. waved, and laughed as i went by with a fuilly loaded XT6 :rollin: the guy in the passenger seat flipped me off as i went by.. was too funny :rollin:

its always a riot, blowing some kid, with a honda, vw, etc off the road in a Soob. whether its a wagon, xt6, etc.. espesialy when they think they have a fast car and try to show off :rollin:

Guest kevtar658

The only thing my 85 wagon was good for was a good laugh, I remember pulling up next to some guy in a mustang with my 4 other buddies in the car with me, we revved it up for grins and when the light turned green I dumped the clutch at 3k and watched the guy in the mustang laugh as we lit up the front tires well into 2nd, he gave us a grin and a thumbs up as he took off.

My new 1.8T Jetta wagon on the other hand holds it's own against most sport compacts and some older V-8 fire chickens and rustangs and it's only going to get faster...hehe

Guest electryc monk

ahhhh off the line stories......

when i was in the navy stationed in JAX florida (waxing natalgia here):

I was in the 77 coup DeVille that baba (gramma) sold to me cheaply. some other kid near my age as i was a whopping 19/20 at the time pulls up next to us in the slow lane in a nearly new Mustang GT at the time it was either the 89 or 90 model i think (???) anyways i had a broken front antiswaybar so the front would tilt to the side when it would get gas.... anyways the next light he rev's it at us the buddies laugh at it becaause he's pickin' on a Caddie for cryin out loud, don't he have anything better ti pick on tonight? I grin and look over at that kid driving the 'Stang and tell the buddies to lean back and relax...

I drop it in low and slowly and smoothly stage the car i figured the RPM's were about 3000 when the light turned green and i got the hole shot. (gigggles to self)

granted he ended up flying past me and ran the next light to "prove a speed point i guess".. but we were all shocked that i even got outta the hole before him....

ah welll... like the volvo its not a subie story but ehhhh... it'll do.

Guest SuperRallyVovo

No V8 volvo LOL I wish i woulda heard u say this sooner... The new volvo V70R is a 2.4T with like 300hp. And the new s60R is the same... I have drivin both. Very very fast!:eek: Handles like its on rails.

Oh and this is all out of a 5 cylinder. I'm not sure on the displacement, I think its either 2.4 or 2.5L