Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How to Find An RX Coupe?

Ever since I first learned of the RX coupe I've yearned to get one :slobber: . For the past 5 years (since keeping an eye out for them) I've only seen one for sale that was remotely close to me, (and it was a rusted out 4 dr sedan :banghead: ) I'm in the Ottawa Ontario Canada area. If any one has any possible leads to hooking me up with one, or any advice on where to look, etc. It would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks,

Mark :burnout:

They just happen, I was looking for over a year, I found one, and bought it, then I bought one at a towing yard auction, then a guy I know, knew someone who had one so I bought that one, then I ran across another one an bought it. I have since sold all of them, and I still find a few every now and then, but the I am on the west coast. I'm coming up to Montreal the week of the 8th, I'll keep an eye out for you while I'm there.

hmm, Tempting, Is there any rust on your car?. If only you were closer though. Regardless, I'd most likely keep the Legacy and buy another car, The one being an RX or GL Turbo coupe. Any idea how hard it is to find the RX ground effects if I did get a GL Coupe?

Mark,

No rust at all. It's a CA car. A few dings in drivers side door tho. The car is in VA now. Honestly you'd be NUTS to trade a rare Turbo Legacy for it. I was only half serious.

I would imagine the body kit parts would be pretty tough to find.....just were not that many RX coupes around. You could always buy from dealer, but way $$$$$$. Some of the RX guys on the board would know where to get used ones from the PAP yards.

The one other major benefit you get with an ACTUAL RX is the full time 4wd. The pre-RX is front drive, or 4wd with locked diff. Fun on dirt but NOT on the street in 4wd mode. I think the RX is also lighter, and had better struts, springs, sways.

http://www.autotrader.ca you'll find a few on there. As for rust they range from pristine (usually people who know about and love these cars) to wrecking yard worthy (people who drive BMW's and benz's in the summer but still want winter performance) :banghead: right now at the dealership where my dad works he says there are two for sale, a 92 sedan and a 93 wagon. the other dealership in Ottawa also has one I am told. And I found one in a yard a while back.

Mark,

Thanks for the link. This gives me one more thing to add to my "good things about Canada" list. It'll be right up there with:

1. Hockey, and Don Cherry

2. Strip Clubs

3. Vast natural beauty(ies)

4. Our Lady Peace

5. Great pipe bands (seriously)

6. Prince Edward Island

7. Bryan Adams

8. Excellent classing system for rally cars

OK, kidding on the Bryan Adams thing. I'm a couple 'O beers into the evening, what can I say.:eh:

Haha thanks, Canada isnt that bad a place but the government tends to make us all look like idiots at times, even though the vast majority of us dont share the same views of our so called "leaders" :argue: . Man I'm getting off topic, oh well :banana: But ya, we definetly have more Legacy turbo's up here, but then you guys have more RX's :headbang:

Mark,