Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Subaru To Build Crossover to compete with...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Outback

Dr.Outback

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Pennsylvania

Posted 29 August 2003 - 05:34 PM

I just got my latest October MT. On pg.48 their is an article on the '05 Legacy.

In the article it stated that, "Subaru is readying a new Legacy-based crossover for fall 2004, to compete with the Lexus RX 330 (:eek:) and the Acura MDX. (:eek:) That gives the '05 Outback room to become more elegant and carlike."

Wow. Subaru has set their sites high going after Lexus and Acura, and not going after the Toyota and Honda versions. My mouth dropped open when I read that. The '04 Legacy looks sweet, I can't wait. It seems just like yesterday when the '00 came out.

#2 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 29 August 2003 - 11:05 PM

It gets even better.. keep an eye out for the Saab 9x wagon.. Saab styling, WRX 2.0 engine/AWD.. Gotta love that.. I do.. But I am a big Saab fan.. Have had a bunch of them.. I'm savin my pennies for when they release them

#3 Dr.Outback

Dr.Outback

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Pennsylvania

Posted 30 August 2003 - 08:05 AM

Yeah I've seen pictures of the 9-2. It will be interesting to see a Saab with a boxer. I guess the post about the crossover made me sound like a newbie. It really did take me by suprise. I knew Subaru was working on a seven passenger vehicle, but I thought it would be a minivan. I never got around to getting my old post count back.

#4 HB_Dad

HB_Dad

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Huntington Beach, CA

Posted 01 September 2003 - 11:16 PM

Hopefully, it is not as bland looking as the Lexus or Acura. I am hoping for a rougher Landrover or Hummer look, but well see...

#5 Dr.Outback

Dr.Outback

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Pennsylvania

Posted 02 September 2003 - 08:22 PM

Hmmmmm.... A Subaru with round headlights. That thought had crossed my mind a few years ago. It will be an interesting leap forward for Subaru.

#6 LameRandomName

LameRandomName

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Earth

Posted 12 September 2003 - 10:30 PM

Originally posted by Dr.Outback
Hmmmmm.... A Subaru with round headlights. That thought had crossed my mind a few years ago. It will be an interesting leap forward for Subaru.

Seems to me that the DL I owned 20 years ago had round headlights.

At least I think it did...

#7 Dr.Outback

Dr.Outback

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Pennsylvania

Posted 15 September 2003 - 06:31 AM

You're right. Caught me with a dumb statement their. What I meant was that if they designed it like a Hummer it would have a big mean toothy grill with round headlights. I can't say that the DL's had mean looking grills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users