Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Starting Problems Again

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dale47

dale47

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Monongahela

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:54 PM

I posted a thread about my 96 legacy not starting a couple weeks ago. This morning it was the same thing again.crank..crank..crank. The last time it happened I removed a plug wire from the coil pack and plugged in a sperate test wire to see if I was getting any spark. The car fired right up !!. This morning after not starting for 15 minutes, I popped the hood, disconnected the same plug wire from the coil pack and I'll be damned if it didn't fire right up. I shut the car off..reconnected the wire and it's been running fine all day. Anybody have any idea whats going on here. Its a 2.5.

#2 A_DuB

A_DuB

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Leavenworth

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:10 PM

Sounds like you need a new plug wire:drunk:

#3 dale47

dale47

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Monongahela

Posted 11 March 2005 - 11:55 AM

If the plug wire was bad, wouldn't it miss-fire ?

#4 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,340 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:23 PM

You may have an intermittant connection at the coil pack. I doubt that one plug wire is bad and you just happened on it. The problem may be internal to the coil also.

#5 dale47

dale47

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Monongahela

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:54 PM

Does anyone think I may be tricking the crank sensor. By diconnecting the plug wire it see's an open cylinder ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users