Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Part identification help..something to do with throttle

Hey there...

Was wondering if someone could help me identify a part in my car...

All I can tell you for sure as of now is that is is cylinder shaped and has a nut fastened to the top of it with a rubber cover over it...it sits behind the multiport fuel injection system(near the firewall..) and I believe it has a few lines going to or from it...

I will take a picture in the morning if I can and post it..

the reason I ask is that today when I tried to start my car and it didnt start, I noticed a "buzzing" type sound coming from that part...It only happens when I push the gas pedal more than 1/4 of the way to the floor...but a distinct buzzing, humming type sound starts...and I can not get my car to do anything but turn over and over and over and over and over...

any help would be nice...maybe we can do this without a picture, otherwise Ill try to post one tomorrow...

thanks

Chris

Hey...I discovered that the buzzing, humming sound I am hearing is coming from the area of the starter...I originally thought the starter was buzzing when I pushed the gas pedal...But I dont think that is possible..So I am figuring that it is another part that is in the area of the starter...and the sound is just traveling to the starter...

I hope someone can help me on this..I have no idea what it could be

Buzzing, humming sound when I push the gas pedal more than half way to the floor while the car is not running and the key is on...My car wont start..just turns over and over with an occasional putter...The sounds seems to be coming from the area of the starter on my 93 subaru legacy...

please help!!!

Chris

Oh...well, I guess that isnt the problem with my car not starting then...

And I guess I've never heard it before because I never listened for it...It is an automatic...thanks..at least I know that isnt a problem..but now I guess I have to start somewhere else...

thanks

If it's a automatic? It's NORMAL , what you are hearing is the selionoid in the trany for the oil pump .

SEA#3