Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Unusual 14" alloy wheel--looking for a fourth wheel

I picked up two of these today at Pull a Part. A 14" 4x140 bolt pattern. I've never seen on of these before and it isn't shown on the wheels page (I'll send you the photo tonight Mick). Anyone have any idea what they are. Made in Japan by BMB Technical Research. It's shame I couldn't get a full set.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=4783&sort=1&cat=598&page=1

I said just about the same thing. They were hard to get off too. I actually broke my 19mm impact socket on one of the lugs. At least it was a pair. Now I just need to find another pair somewhere.

Just two?!?!?! NOOOOO!!!!!

I found one wheel attached with lugnuts, one with 19mm acorn nuts, and one with 21mm acorn nuts which require a thinwall socket that I didn't have yesterday. I'll go back today and grab the third wheel if it's still there.

unfortunately no ....

Ed, do those wheels use regular lug nuts, or alloy style?

One had the 4x14" spare mounted; the last wheel I couldn't get off since it was attached with 21mm acorn nuts and needed a thinwall socket to clear the recessed hole. I'm going back today to grab the third wheel if it's still there.

What did the yard do wiht the other two? :confused:

I found one wheel attached with lugnuts, one with 19mm acorn nuts, and one with 21mm acorn nuts which require a thinwall socket that I didn't have yesterday. I'll go back today and grab the third wheel if it's still there.

Do you work at the PAP, or just a frequent customer? LOL

That BMB wheel looks to me (from memory) to be the exact same as the wheel on my dad's audi 80 coupe... I'll check..

edit: bad angle of different car, but.... http://www.gtcoupe.se/bilder/galleri/Loov_4.jpg

edit2: better angle, better pic:

http://www.nordicaudi.com/arkivet/broschyrer/bilder/tillbehor_88/tillbehor_88_02.jpg

edit3: tirerack.com lists bolt pattern as 4x108 for the audi my dad has, if I'm remembering the model correctly (either 1988 80 quattro, or 90 quattro)

No, I don't work there. And I'm not really there that often. I just keep my eyes open and try to anticipate what goes into the yard so I can be there to get what I'm looking for. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I miss out. In the last month I've missed out on a couple sets of Pug wheels, two LSDs, two sets of rear disks, a 97K d/r tranny, and four or 5 webers. It just sounds like I find a lot of stuff since I re-sell a fair amount to keep up with my Subaru addiction.

Do you work at the PAP, or just a frequent customer? LOL