Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I can't make up my mind which interface I should get and if there are any subtle differences between them

I consider

www.scantool.net (100$ just ISO)

digimoto (just ISO) (119$ if with sw, 89$ without, but can I use any other??)

obddiagnostics.com (all interfaces but CAN, 96$)

obd-ii.com (website is down now - spring break :-) but I recall it is also around 100$)

Is there anything I should worry about while choosing between them? all of the provided sw seem to do basic codes pooling / logging. I just can't decide... I kinda like obddiagnostics that it supports all the interfaces but how often I would need that? most of the time I will work on my subaru...

I can't make up my mind which interface I should get and if there are any subtle differences between them

I consider

www.scantool.net (100$ just ISO)

digimoto (just ISO) (119$ if with sw, 89$ without, but can I use any other??)

obddiagnostics.com (all interfaces but CAN, 96$)

obd-ii.com (website is down now - spring break :-) but I recall it is also around 100$)

Is there anything I should worry about while choosing between them? all of the provided sw seem to do basic codes pooling / logging. I just can't decide... I kinda like obddiagnostics that it supports all the interfaces but how often I would need that? most of the time I will work on my subaru...

If your subaru is 1999 or newer, it uses A/F ratio sensor also known as wideband O2 sensor and most generic OBD2 will not suport it. The one from http://obddiagnostics.com/

does but only with the newer 2.3 software.

I use it and works great.

If your subaru is 1999 or newer, it uses A/R sensor also known as wideband O2 sensor and most generic OBD2 will not suport it. The one from http://obddiagnostics.com/

does but only with the newer 2.3 software.

I use it and works great.

Good news - another "+" for this interface... I've tried though to contact the author to ask if there are any discounts available (like obd-ii does from time to time for students etc :-)) -- no reply whatsoever.

I'm still struggling... can't decide and found another nice one, it is a bit more expensive but it supports CAN and in general they claim that it would be possible to upgrade interface ship fw for future releases... also they claim to report not only Pxxx codes descriptions but query for " P, B, C and U codes definitions included."

Here it is