Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

adjust rear brakes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pyromanic

pyromanic

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Central Oregon

Posted 11 March 2005 - 12:33 PM

So I swapped fron calipers on my 85 wagon when I did the tranny swap cause the originals needed rebuilt. Donor cars were good to go.

We bled and bled and bled. Helped a bunch, but still very mushy pedal. They work, but not like they should.

I'm sure we got all the air out.

My buddy says I need to adjust the rear shoes.

I'm used to a slot in the backing plate, reach in with a flat screw driver and turn a star cam thingy till they just begin to rub, then back off a bit, maybe 1/4 turn.

I can't find a slot.

Hayes manul talks about an adjuster sticking out from the backing plate, but thats not there.

What am I missing.

There is a very small oval hole back there, with a rubber plug in it. Is that it?

Thanks,

Pyro

#2 pyromanic

pyromanic

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Central Oregon

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:26 PM

Nevermind, I got it. And sorry for posting the question before searching. There was plenty of info in the search.

Backed up hard, stomped on pedal a few times. Pedal came right up.

Problem now is I feel a bit of shimmy or pulsing so to speak when braking hard. I HOPE it will even out with use.

I figur ig it just crap on the drums or disks from disuse, will get better. But if somethings bent,

Pyro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users