Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Attn In Portland, Or Area!!! Stolen!!!

*******STOLEN************************

1984 SUBARU GL WAGON 4X4

Plates: RHM 726

Color: Silver

Body Damage: None (Yet)

Immaculate Navy Blue Interior

White Rims with circular holes (not the spoked wheels) and brand new studless snowtires.

Taken from SW 12th & Main St, Portland OR, somewhere around 5:30 pm Friday, August 29th, 2003.

If you have seen or know where it is, please e-mail me immedately at: onewayvideo@comcast.net.

Any tips or leads would be very much appreciated.

Ian

Oh man, that's weak. The stereo in my old Honda got stolen when I first moved here. I have no idea why someone would steal an 84 wagon. Although driving a Subaru automatically makes one better than other drivers, driving a stolen Subaru only makes you an A-hole.

• 3 weeks later...

To whom it may concern:

My '84 Wagon that was stolen last month was recovered today in Longview, WA. :banana:

As far as damage goes, nothing was really permanently damaged, except that the persons that have been driving my car around for the past few weeks are total slobs. Not only are there cigarette ashes and mysterious stains everywhere, these fine young gentlemen left me with some parting gifts. Not to mention my stereo was stolen--of course--along with the entire console it was housed in. There are some suspects, but what can the punishment possibly be for stealing an older car? Who knows?

Thanks to all you guys and girls who kept your eyes open for it. Here's a picture of it when it arrived safe at home on the flatbed.

By the way. Does anyone know of a good detail shop around Portland that could confidently get the blood and muck out of my Subaru? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

Looks like one of those needles is un-used. Anything in it?? J/K It seems to me that alot of cars have been getting stolen up in that area, Whats up with that? If you find out for sure who it is, Make sure they are flogged one time for every mile that they put on your car. Boz

Thats good to hear. As long as there is no major body damage, or engine damage you should be good. Stereo's can be replaced. A complete set of those rims might be alittle harder.

My brat was stolen once in Alaska. I couldnt sleep for days. I was worried because it wasnt registered, and it had no exhaust. It was also the middle of winter, and I knew if they didnt know how to drive it, they would wreck it. We found it 3 days later abandoned a few blocks away from my friends, where it was stolen from. The driver must have been drunk and tried to drive it through a 3' snowburm, or lost control through the corner.

Nothing was stolen, not even my amp that was sitting in the passenger floor. But whoever did it took off with my toolbox.

Oh... and ive been in Longview a couple times. You'll probably never find the people who did it.

-Brian

if you've cleaned out the "parting gifts" then don't bother about what I'm gonna say next. If they're still in there, have the car taken to the hospital so they can dispose of them properly. But I'm really glad to hear that it was recovered with really no damage to it. Like SubaruJunkie said, stereos can be replaced.

my 87 gl wagon was stolen in july. short story is i think they stole it because: its an older car that is easy to steal, it had a kenwood cd player with the face removed (but the face was in the car), it had a yakima roof rack with bike mounts. For a druggie, that could all score 100-200 dollars, i imagine. they had it for about 4-5 days when the dumped it and stole another car at the dump point. i found it because sometime saw my 'stolen car' sign. no apparent damage, drives just as well as before, gas tank was at same level as when stolen. good luck, you'll find it eventually.