Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

*World Event*! Vintage Subaru Meet! 1968-1989 Subarus

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 12 March 2005 - 02:38 PM

OK,get ready all you vintage Subaru owners,your time to meet has come!

To be held just up the road from the land of P.T.Barnum.The second "Greatest Show On Earth." :D

Free admission!!

Held on the rented grounds of Industrial Park North in scenic Milford Connecticut

Super easy to get to,just off of exit 40 of I-95 in either direction.

Incase you haven't noticed,I'm consolidating all my Subaru stock from 1972-1989.***I'll be giving many items away to the true vintage owners.***

Stop by and see the '73! I'll also have my '78 there.I'm sure there'll be at least one other car of mine there too.

Tentative date:Saturday April 23rd,2005 Sorry for the short notice but I think we all understand this is just an attempt at getting people together and getting some useable items into the hands of folks that can really use them.

If you can't make it I understand and we'll see you down the road.

All Subarus and all members and owners welcome.

#2 75skunkaroo

75skunkaroo

Gimmie Shock Treatment

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Central Point Or.

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:00 PM

damn my living on the west coast:banghead: :banghead::banghead:
can i be there in spirit?

-mike

#3 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:18 PM

Of course you can.:cool:

#4 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:26 PM

damn my living on the west coast:banghead: :banghead::banghead:
can i be there in spirit?

-mike

Can I have some spirits and pretend that I am there??? :lol:

#5 Seahag1978

Seahag1978

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,387 posts
  • Witch City

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:30 PM

awww, c'mon Northwet, not up for a ride? I bet your trail of breadcrumbs is still there! :)

#6 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:35 PM

I'll have to see if i can get a co-driver to come back out

#7 Ratty2Austin

Ratty2Austin

have tools, will fix

• Members
  • 2,385 posts
  • West Coast USA

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:53 PM

I detect another road trip...

although, I will be out there soon... maybe later this summer. (the east coast) dont know if I will fly or drive.. hopefully drive... road trips are fun!

I would like to meet you guys out there too- anyone consider a central USA Subaru show? so that everyone is involved?

#8 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,888 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:49 AM

<-- is crying inside...

Well the Brat's not done yet and neither is the RX BUT the Brat has a few more things done to it... like shaved EVERYTHING and some body cutting stuff for the frame... Just think of the ghost of my little brown Brat there...

#9 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:44 PM

The big event is coming at the end of this month.Are you ready?:lol:

#10 Seahag1978

Seahag1978

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,387 posts
  • Witch City

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:02 PM

My Brat would never make the trip :(

#11 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:34 PM

Bajahahahas welcome too.Even big sluggy Ford trucks.

Well,all I can say is the place will be empty soon.Once the keeper stuff is gone,that'll mean the give-away stuff will be soon gone too.I'm thinking I can keep some stuff there up to the end that I'm not too interested in keeping but would help someone else out.

#12 75skunkaroo

75skunkaroo

Gimmie Shock Treatment

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Central Point Or.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:53 PM

Well,all I can say is the place will be empty soon.Once the keeper stuff is gone,that'll mean the give-away stuff will be soon gone too.I'm thinking I can keep some stuff there up to the end that I'm not too interested in keeping but would help someone else out.

don't forget about me if/when you go to throw stuff out. i like stuff, it's good to have around

-mike

#13 Dennis ex24

Dennis ex24

Subaru Disaster

• Members
  • 2,683 posts
  • Phila, Pa

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:43 AM

i might have to make this.

what do you think?

#14 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:39 PM

i might have to make this.

what do you think?

I was just thinking about you today.Call me sometime.What are you going to do on Chris L's old wagon?

You know the number....;) Every time I call you I get a machine,if I'm lucky.Does the "Play Messages" button still work or did it fall off or something?:lol: just bustin 'em....call me soon and by all means stop on up.Even better if you beat the vultures to the carcass!
Ciao

#15 subeman90

subeman90

Soobologist

• 2,786 posts
  • Akron PA

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:45 PM

When you are having this world event are you going to be moving stuff to the new and improved storage facility or is that another wknd.? Reason I am asking is if you need me to bring a PU to help I can and will. Please let me know.

Matt

#16 Subafreak

Subafreak

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 863 posts
  • Central Village Ct.

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:18 AM

So we won't be stripping the BRAT that weekend?:) I can probly fire up my 78 and cruse down there.

#17 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:42 PM

When you are having this world event are you going to be moving stuff to the new and improved storage facility or is that another wknd.? Reason I am asking is if you need me to bring a PU to help I can and will. Please let me know.

Matt

Looking like April 23rd is the best day.Pickup anytime between now and April 30th will be very welcome.Be sure to call first though to see if it's worth bringing the truck up.I may get one loaned to me from work,or rent one.Infact,maybe even tomorrow I can rent a van or truck and get a lot done.

My goal is to make enough room where it doesn't matter what the weather does,there'll be room for a good get together anyways.I really want to try to get a good bunch of folks together who've helped me out,especially this past winter,and get some pizza,beer,etc. for you guys.

I'll keep the '73 there untill the end,since there's a weekend at the end of the month it'll be easy enough to take care of then.You guys can pet the coupe and if we're lucky take it around the industrial park for a run.

#18 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:26 PM

Paulyburger....If you want ..we can bring Toms truck down this weekend or next to help move some stuff...If it wont beto upseting that its a Toyota:grin: . We had his truck Sat when we stopped by and just missed you.

#19 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:56 PM

Any help greatly appreciated.Gimme a call,I'll be up there most of Sunday from around 1PM onward.Meet the wife,she'll be with me through the afternoon.No kids though,we need to go through stuff.

I can set my wife up with stuff to go through while Tom and I run over to the new unit and put some shelved together....if he'd be willing.I'll buy lunch or dinner,etc....

And now,the news you've all been waiting to hear.....

Only one week untill the FINAL blowout.

Email,PM,call,do what you have to but please consider coming.

It's a Subaru Meet for all years and models! And I'm GIVING STUFF AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 16 April 2005 - 11:19 PM

NO Problem Paulyburger....I will call you in the morning...or you call me either way. Will be nice tro finally meet your wife:grin: . See ya tomorrow

#21 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 17 April 2005 - 11:50 PM

Matt

Thanks for the offer! I'll get back to you on that.

#22 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:21 PM

Paul,

Looks like Tom has to work both days this weekend..but I can come down with Bucky and we can get some stuff hauled over to the new place. Just can't push anything heavy ...like the Turbo wagon:brow: :lol: ;) :drunk:

See you Sat!!!!!!!!!!

#23 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:16 AM

i am going to try to make it up there. i wonder, you think it would possible to tow a brat with an impreza with stiffer springs and a trans cooler? its also been modded slightly, more torque than stock.:brow: i dont know how safe it would be to tow with a sport coupe type car, but i could always try, right?

anyone from maryland trying to go?

#24 subeman90

subeman90

Soobologist

• 2,786 posts
  • Akron PA

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:29 AM

I think you could BUT it would be a long slow trip. If your impreza is as nice as you say it is then I can't say that I would do that.... Isn't the brat driveable?

Matt

#25 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:42 AM

probably is, i guess i could have a friend ride up with me and drive one of the two home.

anyone know how hard it would be to get from Md to Ct without having to pay tolls?

I think you could BUT it would be a long slow trip. If your impreza is as nice as you say it is then I can't say that I would do that.... Isn't the brat driveable?

Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users