Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Jon's friday night project.

I always seem to get the most work done on friday nights, or when I'm at andrew's house.

So, story #1.

The guy before me partially rewired some of the stereo wiring, had put two different stereos in the car after the stock one, and I had to deal with it.

I finally found all of my ACC leads, hooked one up to my CD player which had previously just ran off battery. always on, but pressing power with or without the key in would turn it on to play.

I cut off the old spliced and messed up power/speaker connectors, and got as much old non-used wires out as possible.

Re wired front left side by putting new 12guage wire in through the dash. Found the old rear well wiring by messing around with colors till I got it.

so I've got two Kenwood 4x10" speakers in the front, and two subaru 5" 10w 8ohm speakers in the back. It's decently loud, got some bass in the front, but needs an amp and subs. The suppose-d 10w speakers are handling my stereo at full blast just fine. Of course I've heard that clipping a speaker is 10x more harmful than sending more clean wattage to it than it should get. (a 40wx4 max Rampage of some sort. Gets decent radio reception, has a pair of 2v preamp outs, preamp ins (mp3 player) and plays written cdr and cdrw disks. for $100 it's not bad. The front speakers were $60 together used, and the back ones were free from Andrew)

so along with the wiring, a made part of a dash kit. I took part of a subaru dash kit, which wouldn't work, and cut half of it off. Took the half part to cover over the top left beside the ash tray. (the car in my sig) and used a drill and drill bit to make the right holes. Two screws, and I'm done. So when i can get a small piece of black plastic again, I'll make the other part that'll cover the right side under the ash tray. I think I feel pretty good.

and btw - Russ (Caboobaroo) thinks I should put my car on the Gut in albany one of these nights. I've timed my car by my cd player, got 15s to 60mph. Is that good for an EA81 hatch? I think I shouldn't till I've done my engine and exhaust swap. heh.

hey Jon, I don't think a lot of people on the board quite know what the gut is. For anyone who's like "Whats the gut???", the gut is basically where a bunch of people get together and do some illegal street racing. Oh and trust me, the little Honda boys think that their cars are all that. Well let me just say that Andrew's turbowagon has left quite an impression on them. They see it and go "Holy begeezus that things fast dude!!". No no no little boys, its just cause your car is really slow!:headbang:

It's a good thing friday was a good day, saturday sucked. The first half anyhow. I was at work. You just CAN'T make sales in albany. I've never worked this hard and got as little results in my job... so it's discouraging. But of course, it is the location. But my lead refuses to except that it's the area... (even though the person I replaced coulnd't make sales EITHER)

But then the night was cool. Did some stuff with Andrew, Russ, and met some new people I only heard names of but never saw any faces to. Went to the gut, saw some people do dumb things and get tickets. heh.

Out near Andrew's on a straight stretch, Russ drove the turbowag and I drove my hatch. We parked it, both in line, and he went, then I went, to see how they matched up. (in one lane) He accelerated away ni the lower MPH but in the higher end I stuck pretty much the same distance behind until 80mph (4th of my 5 gears) where we decided to let off of WOT. I was about 4 car lengths or so behind when we decided to stop accelerating. Guess my hatch ain't so bad afterall? But of course you have to figure his is about 115-120Hp somewhere and mine is about 80-85Hp somewhere, with his car weighing more than mine. All hail the turbowag. :headbang:

All salut the hondas with tickets. :moon: