Ultimate Subaru Message Board

D/R swap ?'s

iluvdrt

I have my tranny now minus the shifters and I will be picking up my new diff soon. I know with my engine being an ea82t I will need the auto turbo axles, but instaed of buying auto turbo axles couldn't I just use regular N/A axles and change my hubs? New axles are $70 a piece, and I could get hubs, and axles for half that at the junk yard.

Thanks.

I belive that the hubs are the same, the fact that you have now a 23 spline naturally aspirated dual range will necessitate the swap from the 25 spline turbo axles to the 23 spline shafts.

A little more info would be champ, what car did the tranny come out of, what car is it going in?

I belive that the hubs are the same, the fact that you have now a 23 spline naturally aspirated dual range will necessitate the swap from the 25 spline turbo axles to the 23 spline shafts.

A little more info would be champ, what car did the tranny come out of, what car is it going in?

I think it came out an an 84 gl5 wagon. It is going into an 87 gl10 5 spd s/r wagon ea82t. I though the splines on the hubs were the same. It is just the 25/23 spline doj's that are different right?

I have 25 now, and I need 23.