Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Should I wait for 06

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 htan22

htan22

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Chicago, IL USA

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:51 PM

I am looking at buying a WRX Sport Wagon- should I start looking at 2005 models or should I wait for the 2006 models to come out later this year- does anyone have an inside scoop about any major changes for 06?

#2 ballitch

ballitch

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Salem, OR

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:55 PM

besides subarus version of variable valve timing, and MAYBE some sort of STI version of the legacy line, i would wait. VVT for subarus adds like 3 HP and 3-5 ft. lbs. of torque and better gas mileage, cool huh. thats just about the only things that ive heard about so far, only got like 3-4 months till we see anyway, might as well wait dude.

~Josh~

#3 rweddy

rweddy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Castle Rock, CO

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:18 AM

besides subarus version of variable valve timing, and MAYBE some sort of STI version of the legacy line, i would wait. VVT for subarus adds like 3 HP and 3-5 ft. lbs. of torque and better gas mileage, cool huh. thats just about the only things that ive heard about so far, only got like 3-4 months till we see anyway, might as well wait dude.
~Josh~

STI for Legacy line? Where did you hear this?
Could there be STI Outback Wagon! :slobber:

#4 mattocs

mattocs

Subaru Legacy Lover

• Members
  • 1,312 posts
  • Pittsburgh

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:09 PM

I'd wait for the 06's to come out, and get a good deal on an 05.

#5 applegump

applegump

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • CH

Posted 15 March 2005 - 02:21 PM

Subaru already have an STI Legacy in Europe with a 3.0 ltr H6, six speed manual tranny from the impreza STI and very sporty suspension but misserable fuel consumption.

#6 svxpert

svxpert

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • East Coast

Posted 15 March 2005 - 05:51 PM

<<I am looking at buying a WRX Sport Wagon- should I start looking at 2005 models or should I wait for the 2006 models to come out later this year- does anyone have an inside scoop about any major changes for 06?>>

well, the only MINOR change i see for the 06' WRX is that subaru dropped the 2.0 for the 2.5. Now its basicly a de-tuned 2.5 like in the Forester 2.5 XT. And a minor front end makeover.....

#7 LosDiosDeVerde86

LosDiosDeVerde86

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,346 posts
  • Columbus

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:29 AM

I am looking at buying a WRX Sport Wagon- should I start looking at 2005 models or should I wait for the 2006 models to come out later this year- does anyone have an inside scoop about any major changes for 06?

wait for 06 if you can. the 05s are new models, they'll have bugs. the bugs will be sqished by 06.

#8 spanky_pete

spanky_pete

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 16 March 2005 - 03:40 PM

There's a rumor with supposed proof over at NASIOC that says the WRX line will get a slightly detuned version of the 2.5 turbo engine for 2006. Food for thought.

#9 svxpert

svxpert

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • East Coast

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:07 PM

<<wait for 06 if you can. the 05s are new models, they'll have bugs. the bugs will be sqished by 06.>>

the 05' are basicly the same as 04's. the 06's are the new body style and the end of the 2.0 its not a rumor, its true.

#10 LosDiosDeVerde86

LosDiosDeVerde86

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,346 posts
  • Columbus

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:33 PM

the 05' are basicly the same as 04's. the 06's are the new body style and the end of the 2.0 its not a rumor, its true.

they need to bring back the 2.2 it's a tank.

#11 kevinsUBARU

kevinsUBARU

hi

• Members
  • 2,964 posts
  • Ulster County

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:27 PM

It might be a tank but it's not what the masses want.....bigger is better, duh! What kind of American are you? ;) ;) (joking, kidding, messing around with ya...don't take offense!)

Kevin :)

#12 htan22

htan22

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Chicago, IL USA

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:59 PM

<<wait for 06 if you can. the 05s are new models, they'll have bugs. the bugs will be sqished by 06.>>

In what ways will the 2.5 be better than the 2.0?

#13 htan22

htan22

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Chicago, IL USA

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:02 PM

<<I am looking at buying a WRX Sport Wagon- should I start looking at 2005 models or should I wait for the 2006 models to come out later this year- does anyone have an inside scoop about any major changes for 06?>>

well, the only MINOR change i see for the 06' WRX is that subaru dropped the 2.0 for the 2.5. Now its basicly a de-tuned 2.5 like in the Forester 2.5 XT. And a minor front end makeover.....

#14 htan22

htan22

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Chicago, IL USA

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:03 PM

There's a rumor with supposed proof over at NASIOC that says the WRX line will get a slightly detuned version of the 2.5 turbo engine for 2006. Food for thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users