Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Grizz gets another fender wrinkle....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_McBrat_*

Guest_McBrat_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2003 - 12:00 PM

Friday night @ 9:45 PM. pulling a trailer. missed my turn to stay on the hiway, so went straight onto the gravel. found aspot off the gravel where I tried to do a u-turn across 2 gravel paths (1 field road, 1 house lane) that were running parallel. weeds all the same height across between the 2, swing out, start my turn. WHAM! drop 2 front tires into an approx. 30 x 30 square trench between the 2 paths. skidplate, front core support held the front end up with both front tires spinning freely, but was low enough that the back end was in the air, and the rears were just digging a rut in the gravel where they were spinning....

tried a farmhouse up the road, but no one there could pull me out, so I ended up calling my dad (where I was headed), who lived about 20-25 minutes away. used his '93 Chevy 1500 4x4 to pull me out... (didn't think the soob would have been enough because of the angle he had to be at because of the right side ditch! and the fact that I was nearly straigh across the roads, so when he pulled it felt like I would tip over since my tire was in the rut I dug))

so ended up with a wrinkle in my left side fender from the initial impact with the ditch. didn't hurt anything else...

not much for light pollution where I was at. saw something and wondered if it was the space station, and it moved way faster than a plane, and had sort of sparkling lights, rather than solid or flashing lights...

#2 Guest_ShawnW_*

Guest_ShawnW_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2003 - 12:08 PM

:eek: Sounds like fun!

#3 Guest_tomrhere_*

Guest_tomrhere_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2003 - 08:43 PM

OWCH!!! Gotta watch those tall weeds, they can hide things real good. Ex-Brother-in-Law had simular oops, only it took a dozer to pull his '76 F250 4X4 out of the hole he found while cutting across an open field. Only about 4' deep, but it had sides on it like someone did it with a giant cookie cutter...Tom

#4 Guest_Twowagons_*

Guest_Twowagons_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2003 - 09:16 PM

were those lights the spirit of the Grizz ascending ? 0]

#5 Guest_Twowagons_*

Guest_Twowagons_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2003 - 09:25 PM

sorry Mick, the devil made me do it :evil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users