Ultimate Subaru Message Board

All I can find is the plethora of different named/same inventory internet parts stores carrying Bosch plug wires. I'm a bit wary about the Bosch, given what I've read on here. Also, I can't afford to sport for the Magnecors.

I've seen people recommend NGK plug wires, but I can't find them anywhere. I guess my other option is OEM. Does anybody have experience w/ the NGK before I go ahead and order OEM? Is 1st Subaru the place to go if I do order OEM?

Thanks

I ordered a set of NGK wires from here about a year ago. Specifically these wires.

I don't remember seeing the "Ultimate" wires listed there last time, but those mention SOHC in the "Notes" field.

I feel that the NGK's are some well-assembled wires and I have no complaints. I will also confirm that NGK wires were impossible to find locally.

For about $60 shipped I got the wires and (4) BKR6E-11 plugs which when installed made a huge difference in my car's throttle response. The plugs and wires I took off the car when I bought it, however, did look like they could have been on there since the start.

(I'm not saying to avoid the OEM's, but these are an affordable alternative)

-Heikki

All I can find is the plethora of different named/same inventory internet parts stores carrying Bosch plug wires. I'm a bit wary about the Bosch, given what I've read on here. Also, I can't afford to sport for the Magnecors.

I've seen people recommend NGK plug wires, but I can't find them anywhere. I guess my other option is OEM. Does anybody have experience w/ the NGK before I go ahead and order OEM? Is 1st Subaru the place to go if I do order OEM?

Thanks

I bought OEM plug wires for our 98 Outback and 99 Legacy GT from 1stsubaruparts. Considering that the originals lasted 100K miles, how can you go wrong buying OEM? They're not that expensive when you buy from 1st Subaru and the service is good, too.

By the way, (at least for our two vehicles) Subaru offers spark plug wires as a SET sold under a Subaru of America part number but they're also available individually under the original Subaru part number (the original red wires). Because I did not like the quality of other SOA parts that I've purchased in the past, I specified the original Subaru part number wires. The two wires on the passenger side of the engine are the same, the two wires on the driver's side have different part numbers.