Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

rat's nest removal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Roobaflu

Roobaflu

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Hicksville

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:16 AM

back in my rx7 days, there were really decent write ups on removing the copious amounts of vacuum lines on the top fo the engine (the rotary guys called it the rats nest)
is there any such write up for doing that to an ea81? not just for elimating vacuum lines on the engine, but also elimating as many as possible on the carb

#2 Ross

Ross

Can't be bothered

• Members
  • 1,865 posts
  • Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:21 PM

What exactly do you want to remove? (and why?)

#3 chef_tim

chef_tim

Romans 5:8

• Members
  • 4,780 posts
  • Renner, SD

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:41 PM

After what you just went through to replace a clutch you want to start tearing out vacuum lines:confused: :confused: . If you really want to clean it out get a Weber carb. Other then that if it runs good........ leave it alone:-p . Tim

#4 Roobaflu

Roobaflu

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Hicksville

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:31 PM

I want to tidyup the engine bay for one. And two, I dont think the vacuum lines are routed quite right, it doesnt run the way it did before the engine was pulled. Miles guessed at at some of the vacuum linesI'd love to go with the weber, but I can't afford one

#5 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 4,141 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:26 PM

Other than what Tim said, I can't help you here.

That is one mess of vac lines on a Soob, I get lost easily trying to chase them down. Another reason I went Weber myself.

#6 Roobaflu

Roobaflu

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Hicksville

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:30 PM

and what a nice weber it is :] your setup in the brat looks AWESOME Tom

Other than what Tim said, I can't help you here.

That is one mess of vac lines on a Soob, I get lost easily trying to chase them down. Another reason I went Weber myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users