Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA82t Crossover pipes Qs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 [HTi]Johnson

[HTi]Johnson

Head Trauma, inc.

• Members
  • 1,512 posts
  • Coburg, Or.

Posted 18 March 2005 - 12:36 AM

How big is the I.D. (Inside Diameter) of a stock crossover pipe? and what would be the perfect size for a happy medium...you know...not too laggy and pretty good topend?
[HTi]Johnson

#2 rallyruss

rallyruss

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,653 posts
  • San Jose CA

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:43 AM

the narrowest point is aprox 1 1/4" right at the bend to go up to the turbo. I choped that section out and put in a 2" section. posted it back when I did it. also smoothed the ports in and out of the up pipe. runs good but then again I did the TD04 at the same time so who knows what it really did.Posted Image

#3 [HTi]Johnson

[HTi]Johnson

Head Trauma, inc.

• Members
  • 1,512 posts
  • Coburg, Or.

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:53 AM

OOOH!! Pretty turbo. I was thinking of TRYING to make an equal length crossover pipe...out of 1.5" tube of .095 wall...so that makes it likea little smaller than 1.375"(1 and 3/8th inch)
[HTi]Johnson
EDIT: Oh yeah, the reason I can't make it bigger is because of my resources...everything I have access to is for some heavy duty tube. (I work for an Ornamental Iron company:-p)

#4 rallyruss

rallyruss

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,653 posts
  • San Jose CA

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:57 AM

OOOH!! Pretty turbo. I was thinking of TRYING to make an equal length crossover pipe...out of 1.5" tube of .095 wall...so that makes it likea little smaller than 1.375"(1 and 3/8th inch)
[HTi]Johnson

that would probably work well. leave the dump into the turbo a bit small to keep speed up. I was looking at the turbo off a 1.8T VW in my garage and it has a tiny inlet but can make some real good power.

#5 garner

garner

Brat Master Flash

• Members
  • 689 posts
  • Vilas, NC

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:20 PM

OOOH!! Pretty turbo. I was thinking of TRYING to make an equal length crossover pipe...

Equal length will be a pita unless you have a very tight mandrel bender. I build mine out of stainless weld elbows and straight pipe (from coyote steel)

check it out http://usmb.net/gall...bum290/P6160094

The pipe is 1.5 schedule 80 (i think) the id is 1 5/8 which is too big but it flows like a mo fo

If I were to do it over, I'd go for about 1 1/4 or 1 3/8. reguardless of the id the design is far superior to that pos bathroom plumbing thing they car a header.

garner

#6 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 18 March 2005 - 08:44 PM

This thread has made me realize just how badly I want a new header...

and a new turbo...

oh... and then I can install my IC :)

-Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users