Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Digi dash.

It was in a EA82 I'm sure, it was a wagon with quad lights.

Will this make any difference? It looked like the same shape. Here's a crudy pic of my dash

interior.jpg

No kidding. Unless, you're one of those rare few that love lying upside down in the driver seat, face in the footwell, surrounded by wiring harness.

I seem to do that ever other week helping my bro fix his Fiat X1/9 !!!

Can any one answer my first question? "Just wondering how much you would pay for one of these?" ( fixed spelling ;) )

Well, that depends - on an item like that I decide how much I want it - in the case of the digi dash, I would say about $40 (US), make an offer, and bargain it to the lowest price I can get it - a lot depends on the junkyard - If I don't KNOW it works, I usually go for a VERY low price - Digi Dashes are supposedly more prone to failure, though I have no personal knowledge about them - other than that they are neat!

Well, it looks like your talking about a digidash for a EA81 now. Over here, a working one is as hard to find as hen's teeth. They can go for as much as $75+, altho I have sold them for less ($50).

Any voltage spike will fry the regulator in them. If it starts to squeel, shut off the car and check/replace the alternator. Repair is tough also, unless your a skilled tech its a hard job.

If you do convert, I would install another voltage gauge so you could make sure you don't fry anything if the alternator does fry. - or even wire up a voltage protection circuit - shouldn't be too hard to do

I say get it and do the work - granted I converted to SPFI (before the manual came out!!) - but hair grows back (usually) :drunk:

I am studying Electrical Engineering (undergrad) - so I may just be a little overexuberant when it comes to this sort of thing :banana:

I had the digi dash in my very first Soob - an 85 4x4 turbo sedan. I *hated* that digi dash after the newness of it wore off. It was hard to see in bright sunlight with your sunglasses on and it would flicker sometimes - the gas guage never worked right. It was a major PIA. I would never buy a car with a digi dash again....... Although, I'd love to have that car in a wagon now-a-days. Man, could that car GO. I do miss it for that...... (but not that *$ digi dash!)