Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Power windows ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rwbsage

rwbsage

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Oregon

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:10 PM

Hey all,
My 87 RX has power window roller marks on the glass, do you think some stuff made to remove scratches from window glass would work? Is this a common problem with the older Subs with power windows ?

Now if I wanted to replace the door glass what other models would work or is it just the 3 dr RXs ?

thanks

#2 erik litchy

erik litchy

Leadfoot

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • Peoria IL

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:47 PM

depends how deep the scratches are. if they are very minor then its possible to buff them out with http://www.jcwhitney...isplay/ss-10101

#3 pyromanic

pyromanic

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Central Oregon

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:01 PM

I'm glad that question got asked. I have the same problem on my 85 wagon. Drivers door has those ugly roller marks, and the windshield has some pretty bad arcs high up.

And thanks for the Whitney link!

Pyro

PS: Has any one actually tried this stuff and how well does it work?

#4 thealleyboy

thealleyboy

Subaru Derelict

• Members
  • 2,079 posts
  • Bexley, OH

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:15 PM

Replacing the glass isn't a bad option either, if availability and the price is right. Your model would be little harder to come by, but it can be done.

It's good to get into the doors to do some maintenance every once in awhile anyway. They need to be cleaned out of crud, and all mechanical sytems thoroughly lubricated. This isn't on the maintenance schedule but it definitley should be. Replacing the door glass is very easy while doing this simple maintenance procedure.

I wouldn't mess around with no "miracle" glass repair sh*t. If the scratched glass bothers you enough to go to the trouble of asking such a question, (not necessarily a bad quality), you'll need to replace the glass to be totally happy again.

good luck, John

#5 rwbsage

rwbsage

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Oregon

Posted 21 March 2005 - 10:55 AM

Thought I might try this company's stuff...

http://www.scratchpo...restoration.htm

So can the rollers be adjusted so they don't cause the marks ?

thanks

Probably will have a auto glass place take a look too but I'm sure they'd cost
a bit more than I'd want to spend...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users