Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Minnesota has a new lifted Wagon

Tcat55371

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not paint. It's a 4'x5' vinyl sheet and you put it on like wallpaper. You can peel it off and the paint is good under it. On mine it's holding the rust together. lol My neighbor sells and installs the stuff and we needed a car to test it on when he first go it. Been on there a year now and I have had to fix spots here and there but it's pretty tough. Makes it thru the car washes ok.

Here is a link to the stuff if you really want to see more about it:

http://www.camoclad.com/

looks good, didnt take you long at all

lifted and 6 lugged!

threres a buncha offroad events this year in minnesota, and im afraid this might be the last real summer for offroading in minnesota. public land is being taken away from us since they are recatagorizing all of the ORV trails.

either way, you gotta get it muddy, and possibly lost in the woods =]

Yeah I drilled the lugs and that was pretty easy. Tac welded the front lugs where the reset is on the hub to get them to sit level. I screwed up and drilled them to 9/16 instead of 14mm. Took the rear drums to the neighbors mill to get them the right size sense I couldn't weld the pot metal.

Had one frame nut break loose so I had to cut a hole in the floor to get at it and put a nut on it. Other then that it was pretty easy. Had it done on Saturday but the bike show yesterday took my whole day.

Oh and I thought it was under powered before. lol Bet I could out run it for a block unless I start out in low range. Run 1st and 2nd and then shift back to 2wheel. Kinda like having another gear. lol

Look'n good man up on them big tires and 'yota rims :D

You up for a run to Gilbert ORV park this April? :brow: Would be nice having more than 2 Subarus there. We'd be turnin some heads with a whole herd of them up there!

Those tires do sap some power. Prolly the carb engine :( I can still take off fine in 2WD with the SPFI. Even in 4Hi I really dont even notice the big tires. 4Lo its like they dont exist! :grin:

I'd like to run up to that park but all depends on the timing. Also kinda afraid to get to rough with it after seeing the rust. It's still good around all the mounts and the uni-body spots are ok but man it's a shame it's a Minnesalta car. Guess I'll have to swap the lift over to the XT when I dump the wagon. :)

that makes it the #3 lifted subaru in minnesota. second wagon, and i got the first hatch.

not sure if the internet is a perfect way to tell what lifted subarus are around, but its all i got =]. i never even see eas around, let alone lifted ones.

yay rust!

Hey, should we meet Friday night in St Paul where all the Sedans show up and make a show of old lifted Scubys? :) I can be there areound 8:30/9:00 for awhile.

It turned heads before with just the camo on it. Now it really turns heads. I should get some advertising on the windows and make some money off it. lol