Ultimate Subaru Message Board

First would like to say hello and compliment this site. Now on to my questions. I have a 97 outback wagon that I have begun to use as my tool and equipment carrier. My part time business is doing small commercial tennant upfits. This requires me to carry many tools and equipment on a daily basis. I would like to beef up the suspension and find out what the largest tire upgrade would be in stock form. Do I need a lift? This car will see some of my own logging roads for fun and some rough construction sites for work. Thanks for reading and any advice.

Also looking for a simple rear suspension upgrade. Thanks.

I recall some time ago of a guy posting that Whiteline (I believe) had made stiffer, higher load capacity springs for the Outback. You could try them.

You can also get a stiffer sway bar from Whiteline. I put on Hairpin Racing Aluminum endlinks as well.

If you are going to be hauling stuff, I'd recomment synthetic ATF and a tranny cooler. These cars aren't really up to this sort of duty in my opinion, but they can do it with some reasonable steps and driving.

Commuter (97 OB)