Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WRX cold air intake pictures...

Caboobaroo

I am putting an AEM cold air intake from a WRX onto my RX. I finally got all the parts I need to do it and so now I can start making modifications to it to fit. I took a few pics to show how it all goes together outside of the car. http://community.webshots.com/album/302403464nPmSgF/2

I just need to figure out how to plug the MAF sensor hole for the WRX MAF...

Lemme know what y'all think!

to plug the hole...

just go get some like 1/4 or 1/8 inch steel....even aluminum...whatever you have lieing around.

Just make a little template out of paper, then cut it out of steel... Throw some silicone on there, bolt it down and call it a day.

If you are real ambitious....it's a perfect place for a recirc BOV to enter...Just drill about a 3/4 inch hole in the cover plate you make, and weld on a piece of 3/4 pipe....then you can replumb back a recirc line.

i'd be interested to see how your gonna make this work actually.

unless you've mounted your turbo way up in the air, there's not really any way you can come straight out of the inlet housing on the turbo.....the intake manifold is really close

I think just about the only piece you could use would be what you have mounted to the MAF and before...prolly just the piece which places the filter in the fender well...

power to ya though

well I do have the crap EA82T I pulled out of it. I was thinking about slapping the heads back onto the block and the intake back on so I could drop it back it to mod the intake to fit. I really don't see a problem except for it being a bit too much pipe but hey, thats what my trusty hacksaw is for:drunk: