Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

fun at work

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 stngllhm

stngllhm

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 366 posts
  • Casper

Posted 24 March 2005 - 07:28 PM

someone got the forklift stuck at work today and came to me as a joke asking to be pulled out. well my little 87 dual range carbed wagon pulled the forklift out quite nicely

Posted Image

Attached Files

#2 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:24 PM

no pic, just X

#3 stngllhm

stngllhm

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 366 posts
  • Casper

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:43 PM

pic should work now

#4 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:46 PM

subaru should make awd forklifts

nice pic

#5 FlyB0y

FlyB0y

Apprentice to Subie Gurus

• Members
  • 855 posts
  • Marooned in Oregon City

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:11 PM

w00t! :banana:

score one for Subaru! :headbang:

#6 RainbowRoo

RainbowRoo

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Gig Harbor, WA

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:15 PM

Nothing like showing the "boys" at work what a Roo..can do.

#7 stngllhm

stngllhm

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 366 posts
  • Casper

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:16 PM

oh and if your wondering that pudle behind my car was quite fun. after i unhooked from the forklift i went baja around in it.

#8 Syonyk

Syonyk

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 645 posts
  • Ames, IA

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:03 AM

Nice. 1st Lo is a pretty powerful little gear.

Always good to see "silly little underpowered station wagons" make some jaws drop.

-=Russ=-

#9 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:23 AM

Funny that this came up right now: I just got my forklift certification, and they warned SPECIFICALLY against trying to use a car to pull our small 6000lb forklift out of a rut. Doesn't matter what gearing you have if the traction isn't there.

Glad it worked for you, though. :)

#10 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:41 AM

a mud type traction would allow wheelspin enough at a high rpm to get things moving so long as it has a bite. if it could get a momentum on the fork lift 6000 lbs will start to roll

i put a hitch on the sedan and it tows quite nicely in 2wd. i towed another subaru to michigan, got into some slick roads, 4 lo and hi maintain good control. mind a vehicle in tow can push you around, sideways down town stay on the gas and pull out of it

#11 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:56 AM

a mud type traction would allow wheelspin enough at a high rpm to get things moving so long as it has a bite. if it could get a momentum on the fork lift 6000 lbs will start to roll

Hey Miles, forklifts tend to dig holes with their tires, and then you have to pull them out of the holes... lots harder than just a nice flat pull, and usually on soft ground to begin with. "Momentum" doesn't work terribly well when your moving car is 2000lbs and the stationary, stuck vehicle is 6000-12000lbs of cast iron on solid rubber wheels.

It's obviously possible. But then again, its also possible to jump over 10 school busses in my sube. But I think that I will pass on both. :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users