Ultimate Subaru Message Board

convertibles

Hey,

here's somthing I dont remember seeing a lot of talk about on the board when I was last active. Subaru convertibles. I do remember seeing two on ebay and there being some chatter about both of them on the list.

Does anybody know where there is one right now? Does anyone have pictures of any other than the chopped Xt6 in the pictures section?

I remember there being one that looked like it had started life as an early 80's hatchback. The other looked like it had been an early 80's 2 door coupe. I thought the coupe derivative looked a little better. That particular car was in connecticut if i am not mistaken. I remember that the top had been redone poorly, and the car was very cheap. It was 2 wd. Why I did not buy it I don't know. It would be cool to get a hold of one of these and hook it up with a turbo, some nice wheels and such. It would certainly be unique.

-Jack

thanks for the pics and info.

That blue one looks kind of high in the back, was it 4wd?

Turboone: not to be a pain, but wouldnt your convertible pics be better placed in the "convertibles" section? I know i have been looking for a while. I'm still not sure how I missed yours though.

Does anybody know if richie wants to sell? Where is he located again?

-jack

Whoop here it is.

Two problems. One is doesn't run under load. We replace the fuel pump and fuel filters. Most likely in the POS carter carb. Have another one but haven't got it on.

It also overheats after about 15 minutes. Put in a newer radiator have had a chance to test it out.

It is a long term project for me and my father.

Our Convertible

Thanks to Ken for helping us get it.

I'm sure every blonde high school cheerleader who has every had to drive a hatchback instead of the cabriolet that daddy would not buy her has though about it.

Just joking.

But, in case you havent seen one, that is exactly what the other style of convertible (not the one richie has) looks like. I saw one on ebay a couple of years ago. It was discussed on the board. I'm surprised that no one grabbed the picture.

I picked up a convertible off EBAY maybe February of 2002. It came with the original bill of sale (Conneticut). Yes convertible was a dealer option and therefore the VIN doesn't acknowledge its topless feature. Once the tops down the skys the limit, but with the top up it does look like a boby shop special. I going to try to re-rib it to get a better roof line.