Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Squealing brakes solved by Skagit Subaru?

Never go to Brake Doctors, even though they are cheap! Took my 96 Legacy back to them twice because the new brake pads were very noisy, mostly when my foot was NOT on the brake. No change.

They got worse over the last few weeks. Was driving with my son and dog in the car up to my mom's for Easter this morning and couldn't stand the constant shrieking (at 70 mph it was very loud) and pulling to the right. Dashed off the freeway and into Skagit Subaru begging for help. They were busy, but took pity on a single mom with whiney dog, child, and car.

They found the rear calipers were not aligned correctly, with unven pad wear. They reset and lubed the calipers and sanded the pads so they matched. THEY DIDN'T CHARGE ME A DANG THING!!!! Happy Easter to Glenn and the Saturday morning staff at Skagit Subaru!

Finished the trip with nearly silent brakes. Hooray!

Wanna buy a new Subie? Go to Skagit Subaru in Mt. Vernon WA. (that's where my mom bought her Impreza, and she takes it to them for service.)

Yeah, it warms the soul. Glenn was so nice to all of us, even the dog. I'll probably go back to Skagit next year. I intend to buy a 2006 Impreza. I had a 86 GL, now a 96 Legacy, so 2006 would be most appropriate, eh? I'll ask Glenn to reccommend a good salesman.

(hey, anyone interested in buying Twobaru next spring?)