Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

front camber question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dragonwingsubaru

dragonwingsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • englewood

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:11 AM

ok first off i did actually do a search this time before i posted(im so proud of myself lol) i found this thread on camber adjustment
http://http://www.ul...mber adjustment
not sure if that link worked or not, hopefully it did.
now i might just be a little too numb to understand it right now or maybe i might a little.
its saying to adjust the camber you would crank on the nut in the middle top of the strut, am i correct on this? if so what way would i probably need to turn it to get it so the bottom of my tires arent leaning in?
and i will admit i may have missed where it said it which way.
any help would be appreciated.

#2 erik litchy

erik litchy

Leadfoot

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • Peoria IL

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:29 PM

no no no NO

you need something called a strut plate or camber plate. they are marketed to imprezas but fit your car

see how it allows you to position the top of the strut ideally

http://www.renickmot...products_id/514

#3 dragonwingsubaru

dragonwingsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • englewood

Posted 27 March 2005 - 06:18 PM

thanks for the info, glad i didnt try it today, i guess i must have really misunderstood what that thread was saying.

well for $240 i think ill just let my camber sit a little off for now lol

#4 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 06:30 PM

We've got D2 camber plates here at Prestige for somewheres around $140. I'll need to double check the price tho.

#5 erik litchy

erik litchy

Leadfoot

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • Peoria IL

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:08 PM

yeah that was just an example. theres quite a few on the market.

#6 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:56 PM

Your tires look like this? \ / or like this? / \

If it is the first one then I would guess that you have your suspension cranked up. If it is the second then you have a weak or bent strut. A camber plate will help but is an expensive alternative.

#7 dragonwingsubaru

dragonwingsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • englewood

Posted 27 March 2005 - 08:07 PM

they look like this \ / not too bad but i only adjusted it up halfway to even it out a little from putting the rears on the top setting, i was wanting to put them up the rest of the way but i know if i did then they would be pointed way too much inward. it did a little better today with a little extra height offroading.

we have a place here called the 'dunes' that within a relatively small area you can test out your ride on most situations from rock crawling up about a 30 foot spot to dirt hill climbing and whatnot

why is it the cars dont have any adjustment? every other car i have ever owned has had some type of adjustment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users