Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

alittle spring snow!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 scoobyclimbs

scoobyclimbs

Attack of the madaxeman..

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Newberg

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:42 PM

Saturday I went up to Mt.Hood FS RD.4220 (aka Old Skyline rd) + a few spur rds and a gravel pit off HWY46. Yep, I got stuck a couple of times but dug out in five! The snow was soft,wet about a foot deep . I was pushing the limits of my 2" lift with street tires/chains(I did break one chain at the left rear) I had a blast all day! I can't wait to get some mud tires!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,383 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:55 PM

right on man.....just rain around here lately....lucky

#3 A DOG

A DOG

Subaru Ninjai for hire

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Bozeman

Posted 28 March 2005 - 03:48 PM

Awesome. I wanted to do that more this year, but the weather wasn't cooperating. I still got to do some. Some muddin tires should help.

Posted Image

#4 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 28 March 2005 - 04:07 PM

Looks like fun. MT's will help but would be ideal to add more lift with the MT's and get that unibody up off the ground. All that surface area dragging and all that weight sitting in snow is whats really holding you down and getting ya stuck!

#5 scoobyclimbs

scoobyclimbs

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Newberg

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:23 AM

Looks like fun. MT's will help but would be ideal to add more lift with the MT's and get that unibody up off the ground. All that surface area dragging and all that weight sitting in snow is whats really holding you down and getting ya stuck!

I'm working on the lift one thing at a time ......besides a bigger lift will only let me get stuck in deeper snow . It's like hot rodding yea a mouse motor is great but a rat motor.....and so on.......it never ends ! I like pushing the envelope with what I have to work with, it's more challenging.

#6 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:58 AM

looked like a blast:banana:

bumper looks great too..

last time i did that,got beached without any kind of recovery gear.:banghead:

#7 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:14 AM

You could have been that stuck in my driveway. We got 8" yesterday.

#8 scoobyclimbs

scoobyclimbs

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Newberg

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:11 AM

I don't think so ....only 8"(lifted I have almost 10" of clearance) I was breakin trail in foot deep! Too boot it was wet snow too! A year ago I broke trail in a foot and half of powder stock!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users