Ultimate Subaru Message Board

alittle spring snow!

scoobyclimbs

Saturday I went up to Mt.Hood FS RD.4220 (aka Old Skyline rd) + a few spur rds and a gravel pit off HWY46. Yep, I got stuck a couple of times but dug out in five! The snow was soft,wet about a foot deep . I was pushing the limits of my 2" lift with street tires/chains(I did break one chain at the left rear) I had a blast all day! I can't wait to get some mud tires!

approach.jpg

snowrocks.jpg

chainup.jpg

deepwet.jpg

dugin.jpg

buried.jpg

dugout.jpg

Looks like fun. MT's will help but would be ideal to add more lift with the MT's and get that unibody up off the ground. All that surface area dragging and all that weight sitting in snow is whats really holding you down and getting ya stuck!

Looks like fun. MT's will help but would be ideal to add more lift with the MT's and get that unibody up off the ground. All that surface area dragging and all that weight sitting in snow is whats really holding you down and getting ya stuck!
I'm working on the lift one thing at a time ......besides a bigger lift will only let me get stuck in deeper snow . It's like hot rodding yea a mouse motor is great but a rat motor.....and so on.......it never ends ! I like pushing the envelope with what I have to work with, it's more challenging.