Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

95 Imp Electrical/Light problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beaudiggity

Beaudiggity

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Sturgis

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:55 PM

Hello,

I recently started having this strange problem. When I turn the ignition off on my 95 Impreza L, AWD the taillights and one of the parking lights stay on. They only go off if I take the fuse out in the fuse box. My brake lights work fine but at night when I need my tail lights I have to put the fuse back in. Would this have something to do with teh communication between the ignition and the lights when you turn the ignition the lights go off also. If anyone has had this similar problem I would greatly appreciate any insight into this problem.
Beau

#2 Suzam

Suzam

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,191 posts
  • Wilmington, Delaware

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:01 PM

Have you checked the toggle switch on the top of the steering column? That's the "magic" parking light switch just in front of the dashboard.

#3 felipe01forester

felipe01forester

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Boston,

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:18 PM

This is a classic noob problem. The little red "P" switch at the top of the steering column controls the running lights when the ignition is off because most everything electrical is primarily routed through the ignition circuit. If you can't start the car, yet it needs to be visible by the road, pop that little thing on. Good thing you came here before going to the dealer. They'll probably charge you some beaucoup bux just to tell you the little switch is on.

#4 Beaudiggity

Beaudiggity

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Sturgis

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:53 PM

thanks. I should have thought of that but you know how that goes. I never call the dealership. Only to ask what a part number is and they almost try to charge you for that (jk).

Beau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users