Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi, I am new to this forum. A friend and I are in the process of building a sand rail using a built up EJ20 and recently got a killer deal on the tranny from a 98 forrester for it. It will be modified and the awd parts removed so it is just basically a mid engine 2wd layout. We were wondering if there is any place to get aftermarket final gears with different ratios for this tranny. Thanks, Andy.

We wanna see pics!!!

There are no real aftermarket gears available. Your only real choices are switching diffs off something else?

If your just using 2WD then your not necessarily locked into using Subaru Axles?

Other axles/diffs may allow you more flexability.

I'd suggest maybe a Samurai solid axle?

Just a thought,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Thx for the help, Ill try and get some pix this weekend when I go home. Rite now im going to school at oregon tech for mechanical engineering and the guy with the rail and shop is in another town so I dont have any pics yet. Also we are kinda locked into using atleast subaru splines and are making our own axles, we have moved the motor and tranny to the rear and are using the drive outputs from the tranny and not using the rear output, so it will be independent suspension. This should be a pretty sweet rail when its done, it has around 18" of travel on each corner w/ coilover shocks, plus an ej-20 with standalone ecu, garrett T03? turbo (cant remember what he bought), water injection, and a few other goodies I cant remember rite now.

• 1 month later...