Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Beach bashing a subaru, Advise wanted.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TomB

TomB

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • sydney

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:05 AM

hey guys.

I'm looking at buying an 80's model subaru sports wagon with a few other mates to use as a dedicated beach mobile for stockton beach in nsw Aus.

I want to raise the suspension and put bigger wheels on it and skid plates and so on. If anyone can offer any advise or know of any web sites ( i haven't really checked this one) i'd be grateful

thanks guys

TomB

#2 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:31 AM

well there's alot of info to be found searching on this site.http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=24980 .

you may also try http://www.ausubaru....rums&file=index

as its similiar to this board but based in AUS

#3 stinky

stinky

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Austin, Texas

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:29 AM

I wouldn't do a suspension lift as it puts the CV's at bad angles. Instead give it 2" body lift ( or higher if you don't care about legality ) and stick some bigger wheels/tyres under it. The standard wheel upgrade here in Aus is a 14" Sunraysia. Something like the Wrangler TG for the tyre.

Skid plates are a good idea, most 80's subarus will have a basic sump guard which will be enough for beachwork. Make sure it has dual range 4wd, preferably with a 3.9 gear ratio. If it's just for the beach you might want to weld the diff up as well.

join www.ausubaru.com there's a few guys on there from the stockton area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users