Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

This is Wierd??!?!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:24 PM

Yesterday I got something out of the back door of Bucky....and now the little indicator light thingy on the dash is saying thaat the back door is open..when its not...and my dome light stays on (until I hit the switch and turn it off manually)...Never saw or heard of anything like this..I played with the switch in the door jam and still it stays on..Do these things go bad ofter?? Dirty contacts?? I know its annoying and dont want to add anymore black electrical tape to cover these lights:grin:

#2 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:35 PM

No specific knowledge of Subaru switches, but most cars use pin-switches that ground the wire attached to them when the door is open.

Yes, this style of pin-switch often goes bad, more so in the bad ol' days when they did not put rubber weather boots over them. They corrode, get crud in them, break, short, open, blahh, blah, blah. The good news is that they are dirt simple switches and generally are easy to either repair or replace.

It sounds like yours either stuck "closed" or the wire shorted to ground.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users