Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

86 rx wtf question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oddcomp

oddcomp

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,763 posts
  • longview ,wa

Posted 01 September 2003 - 10:14 PM

so here i am pulling the intake off this rx and notice a second o2 sensor right below the turbo but not hooked up ....
umm wtf ??
anyone got a idea why this has 2 o2 sensors 1 before and 1 after the turbo
by the way its a 86

#2 Subarutex

Subarutex

Oldschool Show Queen

• 2,539 posts
  • Mountlake Terrace

Posted 01 September 2003 - 10:17 PM

I am under the assumption o2 sensors are always after the turbo. Perhaps the downstream one (factory one) becamse disfunctional and they weren't able to get it out of the bung. So they drilled, and installed another one?

#3 GLCraig

GLCraig

Livin' the live

• Members
  • 2,706 posts
  • LV, Washington

Posted 01 September 2003 - 10:17 PM

I have no clue why you have that. Every turbo I've seen has the o2 after the turbo.

#4 Adam N.D.J.

Adam N.D.J.

Quite Rusty, but working.

• Members
  • 3,290 posts
  • Medford, Oregon

Posted 02 September 2003 - 03:13 AM

Someone replaced the uppipe on it with one off an EA81. My EA81T had it on the up-pipe, and when it went south, I replaced it with an EA82 one, and the EA82 one had a plug in the port. This is what leads me to believe that they jes used the same crossover from 81 to 82. Either that or a previous owner had an A/F meter in there, and put in the second O2 for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users