Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Weber Adapter--Wrong Bolt Pattern?

I just got the adapter that I ordered for my Weber carb from redline. It is rectangular with four bolt holes on top and bottom. My "1982 EA81" intake manifold has two bolts for the carb and they don't appear to match up at all. Does anyone know where I went wrong?

I got the manifold off an engine that was in the front clip of a Brat, but it was in such bad condition that I can't say for sure if it was really a 1982 as the seller said. Maybe I got the wrong adapter (OHV was what I ordered, maybe it should have been OHC?) Could I somehow have the intake from another engine?

Thanks for any guidance!

Take that adapter to the yard with you, find a EA81 with a 2BBL carburator and unbolt it. Make sure that adapter bolts up, and if it does... grab that intake and take it home with you.

You can swap the manifolds no problem.

Its not impossible that Redline could have sent you a EA82 Adapter (OHC) and if thats the case, the bolt patterns would be too large.

-Brian

... My "1982 EA81" intake manifold has two bolts for the carb and they don't appear to match up at all. Does anyone know where I went wrong? ...

Look for an '84 wagon 4WD manual trans. These came with the Hitachi(always). Someone in your area may be able to assist you as well.