Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I hooked up a trailer that wasn't properly grounded to my 2003 Baja and now the taillights and parking lights are always on unless I pull the #5 10a fuse. I've disconnected the small trailer lighting box near the hitch and it didn't help. I've been told to check the relays in the main fuse box but they are not labeled so that I can tell which one might be right. Since the relays seem difficult to remove, I'm hesitant to do more without further guidance. Any suggstions?

I hooked up a trailer that wasn't properly grounded to my 2003 Baja and now the taillights and parking lights are always on unless I pull the #5 10a fuse. I've disconnected the small trailer lighting box near the hitch and it didn't help. I've been told to check the relays in the main fuse box but they are not labeled so that I can tell which one might be right. Since the relays seem difficult to remove, I'm hesitant to do more without further guidance. Any suggstions?

Did you happen to bump the switch on top of the steering wheel? (That wouldn't turn on the tail lights...would it?)

Keep your headlights on all the time...they go out when the cars off.

Did you happen to bump the switch on top of the steering wheel? (That wouldn't turn on the tail lights...would it?)

The steering column rocker switch turns on front and rear parking lights.

I second, another Subaru virgin bites the dust.

There, see how easy a fix that was?

I do keep the headlights on all the time and they do go off when I turn the car off. However, now my tailights and parklights stay on even when everything is off until I pull the #5 10a fuse.

I do keep the headlights on all the time and they do go off when I turn the car off. However, now my tailights and parklights stay on even when everything is off until I pull the #5 10a fuse.

Even when the car is all the way off the taillights and parking lights are still on?

I just went out and checked and sure enough, that switch was on & keeping my taillights on even when the ignition was off. How simple! Thnaks!

I just went out and checked and sure enough, that switch was on & keeping my taillights on even when the ignition was off. How simple! Thnaks!

So it was the switch on the top of the steering wheel? It happens to a lot of people...all the time. ;)