Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My Subaru is built like a tank but sounds like a water tank

ugh! And I thougth I was the only one! My current Soob has a VERY noisy roof - closing the doors or the back hatch too hard and the sound *resonates* inside - it's almost deafening! I've never had another Soob that did this, so I assumed it was the roof supports aren't supporting well enough :P

Yeah, they'll do that. My sister's 89 dl did that. Had no roof rack and spent it's entire life (189k miles when she bought it) on dirt roads. Slam the door closed, and it pop. I've ridden in some that have had that bang kind of sound while driving over bumps. Now, she's got a 87 gl that HAS a roof rack. no more bang when you close the door.

You could try and put some sort of dampening matirial on the roof; between the headliner and the roof itself. My roof rattles when my sub bumps. I'll prolly end up doing that to rid of that rattle. And the rear gate. And the license plate. and the doors.................