Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Project Justy...Lots of Pictures

well.. i'm seeing a clutch problem. so i'm gonna get a little beefier disc.

i've talked to some guys running about 125 hp. with 8 psi of boost, and are running stock internals and stock management

i have talked to a guy on here who has a 283 hp justy, but also spent 8 grand on his motor.

I really don't think that 125 hp, with stock internals, increased fuel pressure, and running Sunoco 94, will be too much of a problem.

It's prolly no tougher to make it slide than in an EA subaru with all that positive camber. Hard jab on the brakes at turn-in corrects all that though, on almost any car. With the short little wheelbase the Justy has, I'd think it be pretty easy to slide and spin. Any comments on that from the Justy owners here?

• 3 months later...

Wow, I just saw your pictures and my car could be your twin! It too is a white 88 GL 4WD. Like you I have done some modifications. I have upgraded to the bigger brakes from an 89 Justy GL but, I would like to install a set of drilled or slotted rotors But, I have not been able to find anyone who makes them for my application. Same story for Race oriented struts and springs. I would like a set of KYB Agx's But, I dont think KYB makes them for this car. Do you or anyone else out there know of any companys that make SCCA race oriented parts for this car. Heck..I know there are teams out there who race Justys and they aint running stock brakes and suspensions. Like you I plan to upgrade to the 3cyl FI engine down the road.(Just as soon as I can find a low mi 90-94 Justy GL at a salvage auction that I can buy reasonable)

Any help you folks out there Subieland could give me would be greatly appreciated!!

email me at subiejim@yahoo.com